Bonanza V Tail

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Bonanza V Tail

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update - sounds like we're making some progress! When it comes to the aircraft performance, are the throttle, propeller and mixture gauges all pushed fully forward and are the engine gauges showing normal readings for full take-off power? (For example the tachometer and fuel flow gauge needles should be at redline.)

If you can let us know what the engine instruments are showing, it may help to shed a b it more light on the issue.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi 40westway.
Ok you have engine running now but no excelleration of aircraft , while you are checking engine gauges as suggested by nick , if these are on red line but aircraft fails to excellerate , what do you use for brakes , i have rudder pedles with toe brakes , you might have a conflict of controls , putting brakes on when you think they are off , because aircraft at full throttle will move slowly while on parking brake .
regards Alan. 8)

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Dec 2021, 15:04 Hi 40westway,

Some good points there from Alan to add to the earlier questions.

If the engine doesn't start with the Ctrl E auto-start, it's really important that you let us know what the "inspect" function in the hangar shows. If you see lots of items highlighted in red, it could indicate an issue with the SimConnect client that would prevent Accu-Sim from working properly.

If you don't (e.g. if the mechanic's notes describe the plane as being in "great shape" or words to that effect) then please let us know, and we can focus troubleshooting efforts elsewhere.

Thanks,
Nick
What I don't understand is this, why do all my other A2A Accu-Sim aircraft work just great NOT the V-Tail

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

A2A Simulations aircraft have persistent wear and damage states and also have custom control mappings that differ by the complexity of the aircraft. These control mappings can be managed using their utilities provided with the aircraft. It is perfectly reasonable for one of the aircraft to be suffering from various simulated wear and tear issues that are in need of repair in the maintenance hangar function. It is also possible, that there are mismapped control(s) somewhere that are interfering with operation. Just because one aircraft is working ok, is not a guarantee that others will work okay given the custom persistent wear and damage simulation that is fairly unique to A2A Simulations.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, it's exactly as Oracle427 says, the Accu-Sim aircraft are designed to each have their own persistent condition which can include damage and wear from previous sim sessions. If you'd rather not experience this, there's always the "damage off" option in the Shift 3 menu, but even with the damage switched off, you'll still need to take care of the basics like engine control management.

If you can get back to us about the points in my post at the top of this page, I'm sure we'll get you up and flying soon. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

I'm sorry nothing that has been suggested here nor anything I have independently attempted has gotten the aircraft off the ground. It's $50 I'll never see again. This V-Tail is being relegated to the garbage heap.

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

Go figure. . .On this last day of 2021 in a last dich effort I downloaded and installed another SimConnect, changed my FSX settings from Accu-Sim settings to my Orbx scenery settings, (less overstated) turned damage off and WHAMO, engine started and take off accomplished. So, while I'll lose many of the Accu-Sim functionality I got a flyable aircraft. Not messing with success.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Also. You might want to try loading a simple default place holder aircraft, (the Moony works well as a retractable single itself) in your default flight scenario and after it's loaded up then go to select aircraft and choose the Bonanza to replace it. It allows your PC to ramp up rather than dumping a higher demand all at once. It is the only way I can operate RXP GTN 750 in my Bonanza without a ATI driver/Garmin trainer conflict causing a CTD. That doesn't happen in my non-A2A GTN equipped planes. Just the Bonanza.
By the way, you never listed your hardware specs. The machine running your sim can make a difference. I suspect yours is a little older in that you are using FSX and not Prepar3d 64 bit. My CTDs using GTN occur in Prepr3d 4, never happened in FSX.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”