Bonanza V Tail

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
40westway
Airman

Bonanza V Tail

Post by 40westway »

I just purchased the Bonanza V Tail for Windows 10 FSX with Acceleration. Here is the problem(s), the aircraft tends to go out of control for no apparent reason and crashes, secondly, the throttle control is difficult and does not decrease and increase smoothly. Prior to purchasing I watched the video about this product, it described this aircraft in some detail, however I'm of the opinion the A2A description and the actual aircraft are two different things. I'm not happy with this purchase and I can't get a refund because I used a gift Visa Card. I own several A2A aircraft, this is the first that doesn't live up to expectation. :(

40westway
Airman

Bonanza V Tail

Post by 40westway »

I cannot get my new V tail to fly. I set auto start, engine starts but aircraft crawls down runway and does not gain speed with throttle all the way forward. When I turn engine off prop still rotates and engine does not stop. Real issues with this aircraft. Help??

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bonanza V Tail

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi

Welcome to the world of Accu-Sim.
Did you check to see it your host sim is setup according to the manual?
Anyways, don't worry, :a2a: have the best customer support.
What sim do you use? FSX, P3D, if P3D, what version?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

outfit
Airman

Post by outfit »

Try pushing in your RPM knob.....

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

I am using FSX/Acceleration in Windows 10. I didn't find a manual.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello 40westway and welcome to the A2A forums.

The manual for the Bonanza is installed with the aircraft itself. You should find a link to it in the Windows start menu, as described in the readme PDF file packaged in the download.

To start troubleshooting the issue you describe, please can you open the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35" folder and check if there's a "v2_BonanzaV35log.dat" file present along with some other similarly named files?

If there is, please can you launch FSX, then load the Bonanza, set it as cold and dark then open the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and click "inspect". Once you've done this, please can you let us know if there are any problems or faults noted.

Finally, please can you check that the throttle and propeller levers in the virtual cockpit are responding to your hardware inputs.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

Let me tell you about several things I did this morning to attempt to correct/fix the issues I'm having. 1) I ran a repair function to my FSX and Acceleration 2) installed SimConnect, that kept coming up yesterday with an error message 3) uninstalled the V Tail Bonanza this morning and reinstalled it. 4) Yes, in Documents I do have those files. So, after all of that I just ran FSX and loaded the Bonanza, went to the hanger and ran Inspect, then went to airport (instead of cold start I ran Auto Start) Yippy Kya it started, and I took off. I will have to run this numerous times over several days to ensure the issue is fixed. Thank you for your input.

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

MY V-TAIL WILL NOT START. . . . . .NOTHING I DO WILL START UP ENGINE....HELP?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

will it start if you use CTRL E?
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

[img][/]
Unfortunately, that does not start engine, additionally the right-wing flap is locked down. I have all the settings the manual said to use but this plane is a disaster for me.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

if you can please follow the instructions we will be better able to help you get up and running. Can you please confirm if you have followed Nicks instructions?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi 40westway.
did you do the following.
1/ download /install/update the aircraft.
2/ with regards to flap stuck down , in other A2A aircraft going in the hangar shows red or yellew components that need fixing if red or make notes of yellow items or fix , but in the bonanza you have to hit inspect before these red and yellow warnings show , and the dial for any instrument faults.
3/ flap fault could be caused by lowering flaps at to higher speed , or failing to raise flaps before excessive speeds are reached , this then breaks flap components.
4/ engine failing to start could be flooding or starter motor burn out if it fails to turn over or low batt , more info required from you to pin problem down
5/ Also make sure in sim settings that Auto mixture is unticked.
6/ almost forgot , you did use shift 4 to check you had fuel in tanks and that the fuel cock was turned ON to left or right tank on sidewall by pilots feet.

You also said aircraft was uncontrollable in flight , which would suggest you failed to do a walk around or had broken flaps , ie one down one up on flaps , this aircraft is twitchy on controls a bit like a war plane fighter , so be gentle on controls.
regards Alan. 8)

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

Okay, here is what I did, I followed all the suggestions posted here to correct the problem, unfortunately so far nothing has worked. I am NOT using the excuse of being "old", I still can read and follow instructions even for an old Yaley. I went so far as to got to YouTube and followed the cold start instructions to the letter and having done that I do not get the sound when the green switch is click just prior to turning the key to start engine, which of course does not start engine. I've even attempted AutoStart to no avail. I'm at a loss, I own most of the A2A aircraft none have this problem. Confused and dazed????

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi 40westway,

Some good points there from Alan to add to the earlier questions.

If the engine doesn't start with the Ctrl E auto-start, it's really important that you let us know what the "inspect" function in the hangar shows. If you see lots of items highlighted in red, it could indicate an issue with the SimConnect client that would prevent Accu-Sim from working properly.

If you don't (e.g. if the mechanic's notes describe the plane as being in "great shape" or words to that effect) then please let us know, and we can focus troubleshooting efforts elsewhere.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

40westway
Airman

Post by 40westway »

Okay I went to the hanger replaced almost everything went to V-Tail to do a startup, it did start, throttled forward no full speed just slow-moving aircraft, so I am missing one key element to the procedure. Help?

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”