P3Dv4 installation problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
UTF
Airman Basic

P3Dv4 installation problems

Post by UTF »

I own the P3Dv4 versions of the following aircraft: C-172, C-182, V-35 and T-6.
The installation of more than one aircraft drives me crazy for months.
The first model installs into the default folder without a glitch.
The updates install without problems for the C-172, V-35 and T-6 without problems.
The update for the C-182 always ends with an error, but it's flyable anyway.
So far so good!

When I try to install the second plane, disaster strikes.
The installation process runs it's course and the respective folders show up at the designated locations.
When I start P3Dv4 everything seems to be ok, but I can't start the engines.
If I use autostart every switch flips and the starter turns. No sound and nothing else.
If I try to go to the workshop, I am told that my engine is running, red band etc., which I can't bypass.
I tried everything short of modifying the registry and I am lost.
Can somebody please help me?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3Dv4 installation problems

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello UTF,

There are a few different possibilities which we should look into here.

The first thing is to make sure that when you launch P3D, the default scenario loads a default aircraft and not a complex add-on as this has been known to cause issues in the past. If in any doubt, for troubleshooting I recommend you reset your default flight to the original one that loads when P3D is first installed.

Next, please can you let us know if the installation directory for your P3D add-ons is inside the Microsoft OneDrive folder, and being actively synced by the OneDrive client? If so, this is something which has caused issues for some customers because OneDrive seems to interfere with the ability of software like Accu-Sim to write to files within the OneDrive folder. Other programs such as antivirus software may also prevent files in your "Documents" directory from being written to.

If these suggestions don't help, something else you can try is manually deleting the contents of the "Documents\A2A" folder in case one of the *log.dat files here has become corrupted. Next time you launch an A2A aircraft these files should be rebuilt providing that nothing else is restricting write access. These files record the persistent state of your A2A planes, so you may wish to back up this folder before deleting if you want to preserve this info.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. What error so you see when you install the C182?
A2A Simulations Inc.

UTF
Airman Basic

Post by UTF »

Wow, that was a quick response, thank you Rick!
I always follow the basic rules: Antivirus off while downloading and installing and sim-start with default aircraft.
I always install into the folder "C:\Users\ufetz\Documents\Prepar3D v4\A2A"
I tried again the installation of the C-172 atop of a perfectly working V-35 to get the familiar results:
Update error A2A 01 and installation error A2A 02.
After uninstalling the C-172, the V-35 doesn't work anymore either, as always during my previous attempts:
Installation error A2A 02.
When I then uninstall the V-35, some files are left behind and have to be deleted manually:
"documents\A2A" and "C:\Users\ufetz\Documents\Prepar3D v4\A2A".
After having done this, I can successfully install any new A2A-plane and the cycle starts again.
I am still lost!

UTF
Airman Basic

Post by UTF »

Sorry, I forgot to attach the pictures A2A 01 and A2A 02, here they are.
And I apologize, because yuo are Nick and not Rick!
Attachments
A2A 02.PNG
A2A 02.PNG (435.28 KiB) Viewed 3895 times
A2A 01.PNG
A2A 01.PNG (93.07 KiB) Viewed 3895 times

UTF
Airman Basic

Post by UTF »

Hi Nick,
Problem solved!
Thanks for reminding me of the problems with OneDrive.
I thought I killed this nuisance program long ago.
After I created and used a new A2A-folder in my C-drive all the updates and installations work just fine.
Thanks again for your help!
Regards,
Uwe.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Uwe and good to hear the issue is solved. Yes, unfortunately Microsoft OneDrive behaviour has become a bit of a problem with some installations. I think the way in which OneDrive is integrated into a new installation of Windows has changed a bit since Lockheed Martin chose the "Documents" folder for the auto-detect install location for P3D add-ons.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”