Problem w/ Taxi Friction

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Problem w/ Taxi Friction

Post by Les Parson »

Greetings,

I'm experiencing an issue with excessive taxi friction. For reasons unknown, I find it necessary to taxi with as much as 1800-2000 RPM to maintain a taxi speed of 12-15 kts, even at light weights. I really noticed the problem when using the Tow-Bar function for pushback. I assume there is an appropriate aircraft.cfg adjustment.

P3Dv4.5
Win10/64, Ryzen 3700, EGVA RTX3090/24Ghz

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Problem w/ Taxi Friction

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Hello, can you please try loading an entirely new flight at a default location to test this isn't just a flight load or issue with a particular scenery.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 10:26 Hello,

Hello, can you please try loading an entirely new flight at a default location to test this isn't just a flight load or issue with a particular scenery.

thanks,
Lewis
Unfortunately, that didn't work. I started with the stock F-22, in FL, USA with no add-on scenery. Then, loaded the V35B w/ my personal N49LP livery @ KBLI, nil custom scenery- no change. Then, I changed to stock A2A V35B N41G and all was NORMAL. I then changed back to N49LP and still normal. But it was only normal for a few minutes before reverting back to the friction problem including both liveries . I also have Chaseplane. I terminated CP but that didn't change anything. I thought there is a aircraft.cfg adjustment that can be made.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

no cfg change should be used as they are set a specific way, changes to this are not supported unless we advise to do during troubleshooting, its a long way down the list however as it will invalidate the flight models and general aircraft behaviour. Livery change wouldn't change the function as the simulation is the same and only the texture changes, however you mention you reloaded several times, this could cause flight corruption so reloading as little as possible is recommended.

Is your P3Dv4 all updated?

If using Chasplane or other addons these should be disabled prior to loading the sim up, otherwise if they where to cause flight corruption the flight would be broken from then out and turning them off after the fact wouldnt revert the flight to working again. Chasplane itself shouldn't be an issue at all, but its worth loading with no other addons just to rule things out.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”