Accu-sim Bonanza (P3Dv4-5 Academic)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Accu-sim Bonanza (P3Dv4-5 Academic)

Post by Golfer2A »

Purchased the Accu-sim Bonanza for P3dV4.5. Downloaded and installed the program per A2A instructions. When attempt to run the sim in P3DV4, I encounter the following problems:

1. Plane on Ground and Engine off. Hanger doesn't display, Hanger window does not open.
2. Some Controls (?()^ +3) don't work:
A. Door handle flips but Exit door does not open.
B. Auto Start won't start engine. Nor does my engine start toggle in P3D controls start the engine.
C. Damage On selection won't turn Off.
3. Fuel gauges all read empty even though Shift +4 window displays full tanks, plus P3D Vehicle window displays 100% 40 gallons.

Is this possibly an Accum-sim issue?

Please help.

Thank you,
Golfer2A

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-sim Bonanza (P3Dv4-5 Academic)

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I use FSXA so i dont know about P3Dv4-5 academic , but did you spawn in a default aircraft first , then goto the Bonanza.
Also have you got the correct simconnect installed for the A2A aircraft to work correctly.
And have you remapped the keys that open the shift+1 to 7 fuel/maint hangar ectra and can you open these via the drop down menu selection
regards Alan. 8)

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response, to answer your questions:
1- I load in default then change to bonanza, as well as change to bonanza and load airport separately.
2- The simconnect automatically loads at time of install process through the A2A installer.
3- Not sure what you mean by "remapping the keys." However, problem persist no matter whether I use shift+1-7 or drop down menus.

I do appreciate your comments... somethings I can eliminate.

Golfer2A

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Alan, I might add that I have a boat load of A2A sims, both FSX and P3DV4. In P3DV4 I own the J3, P51, T-6, and C-172. Never encountered an install problem with those. Also, I have both P3DV4 and P3DV5 Academic flight sims on my system. I installed the Bonanza in P3DV5 and it works fine... no issues. However I prefer to fly in P3DV4 because there are still some issues in P3DV5 when using Steam VR. Hence, my preference to fly in P3DV4.

Regards, Golfer2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob,

If the Bonanza is working fine in P3Dv5 but you're having problems with it in v4, hopefully it's just a case of figuring out what is different in terms of how these two platforms are set up on your PC.

Firstly, is your installation location consistent for both sims? For example, are you using the default "Prepar3D v4 add-ons" and "Prepar3D v5 add-ons" folders in the "Documents" directory?

If you are, then I think the best way to start is to simply rename the Prepar3D.cfg for P3Dv4 so that the sim generates a fresh copy and reverts to default settings. This will also reset the startup scenario to the original default one, so once you've loaded this, please can you switch to the Bonanza and check if the issues still remain.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Hi Nick,

The Accu-sim Bonanza in V4 is installed via A2A default instructions, in the User folder. Since I had problems right out of the chute using the default install, I decided to install the V5 version directly into the Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V5\ folder. The Bonanza worked the first time in V5, but now, as I move back and forth between the two trying to identify the problem, the V5 version is now exhibiting the same problems as the V4 version. Something is common to both versions but I can't identify where the problem lies. I haven't tried to download the V4 version directly into the Lockheed Marting\Prepare3D V4 folder because the A2A instructions to do this is that first I have to remove all the A2A V4 installs from the User A2A folder. This means I would have to remove the J3, P51 T-6 and C172, which are all working fine... don't want to disturb these sims.

But let's, for now, disregard the V5 download and focus on why the V4 version is exhibiting the malfunction. I see in some of the community posts that several customers have experienced some of the same problems. What I don't see is the answer to what was done to resolve those similar problems. A post from jirmejahu » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:25 am regarding Maintainance hangar does not to open, is one of the issues I am encountering. What was done to resolve that issue? One of the suggestions was to run the legacy SimConnect. I did this and it did not change the problem.

Since I own the J3, P51, T-6 and C-172 P3DV4 versions and they are all loaded as per A2A default instructions, in User folder, and I don't encounter these issues, the problem has to be specific to the Bonanza default install process. But what?

Are there any other solutions that resolved these problems for other customers?

Thanks for your help Nick.

Golfer2A
(email address removed by mod)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hi Golfer

It’s not a good idea to post your email address in a public forum as all bots can find it and use it to post spam.
A2A doesn’t use it to support anyway
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bob,

Okay, thanks fore the additional info. If you're now seeing the Bonanza issue in both v4 and v5, but other Accu-Sim add-ons are behaving okay across both sims, that does change the picture a bit. However, the advice I posted above about deleting the Prepar3D.cfg is still worth a try, as it should help to rule out a few issues.

For example, if you have a modified startup scenario, it can cause some issues if it loads a complex add-on aircraft when the sim is first initialising itself.

However, due to the new info you posted, I also recommend that you delete the following directory in case any of the files within have become corrupted. Please make a backup first if you wish to restore your Bonanza's current state.

Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35 (you can also delete "Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35" but this is less important)

I really don't recommend trying to install any A2A add-ons inside the main Prepar3D folder as you mention, so please don't resort to this for the v4 Accu-Sim add-ons. However, we've had a few customers who've had problems when they've installed add-ons inside the Microsoft OneDrive folder. Please can you let us know if this is the case for your installation?

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I removed your email address from your post above for the reason Tomas mentions.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Hi Nick

Thanks to you and Tomas for the heads up on posting my email address. I will watch that.

Also, thanks for all the info you provided on the Bonanza issue. I will try your recommendations tonight and respond with results.

Golfer2A

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Hi again, Nick

I've gone through a lengthy process to attempt to resolve the issues I came across with the Bonanza install.

I have uninstalled all my P3DV4 A2A sims as well as Prepar3d v4:

I re-installed P3DV4 and verified its full functionality.
I verified that all other sims worked ok (VRS, Corenado, Alebo ...etc)
I then started the process of reinstalling my Prepar3dV4 A2A sims, one at a time.
The J3 installed and functioned ok. No issues with controls.
Next, I installed the P3DV4 C-172. It too installed ok and all controls worked.

NOW COMES THE REVELATION...

I reinstalled the T-6, and all went to pot. But it points to a common problem with the remaining sims (T-6, P-51 and Bonanza)
The T-6 exhibited the same issues that the Bonanza did, hence it's not just the Bonanza that causes malfunctions of controls issues (as described in my previous post above).
So, then I uninstalled the T-6 and found that the C-172 was now exhibiting these same problems... controls functions not operating, and no Maintenance Hanger access.

I uninstalled the C-172 and reinstalled it and it functioned normal again, all controls functioned ok.

In all these uninstalls and reinstalls, the J3 remained functional and its controls all worked ok.

So this points to a common issues with the T-6, P-51, and Bonanza... there is something different (Accu-sim, simconnect...or something else) that the J3 and C-172 do not have in common.

That is the question, and hopefully it will point to the resolution by the A2A developers.

I hope this extensive explanation will help resolve the issue. I wait patiently for an answer.

Thanks

Golfer2A

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

BTW, Nick

Just to let you know that I did process your recommendations:

Deleted Prepar3D.cfg
Deleted Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35
Deleted Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35

I then reinstalled the Bonanza35 (including the Update). The same problem occurred. No access to Maintenance Hanger, loss of some control functions. I then went through the whole reinstallation process of P3DV4.5, All A2A sims, but without installing the updates for the Bonanza35, T-6, and P-51. All sims are functioning right now (J3, C-172, Bonanza35, T-6, and P-51.

Thanks,

Golfer2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Bob,

Apologies for the delayed reply; I've been away for a few days. Anyway, I've just read this post of yours which gives a clue as to one possible reason for the sporadic issues you've been having with files apparently not being accessed or written to reliably. The issue may be the Microsoft OneDrive client trying to access files at the same time as P3D and SimConnect.

To get around this, I'd recommend installing your A2A add-ons outside of the OneDrive directory, or failing that, closing the OneDrive client before you launch P3D. You can do this by right-clicking its little cloud icon in the system tray.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Okay, Nick. I think I found the culprit.
For each program folder in P3DV4.5, in the status column, there is a little green circle with a check mark that indicates all the files in that folder are "Sync'd." However, if they are not sync'd then there are two blue half circle arrows that indicates somewhere in that folder there is an un-sync'd program file.

Lo and behold, that is where the updates die when they encounters an unsync'd file.... whatever that means. These unsync'd files is where the program faulters and doesn't complete the update.

I noticed that the sync'ing of some files take minutes to sync. So I must allow minutes of time after installing a model to verify its functionality. One of the issues is that in the Prepar3D V4 Addons\A2A\Gauges\Accusim_xml folder there is an unsynched file for which I've allowed up to half an hour... but it doesn't sync. Hence, this causes the install update to fail in the C-172. I am trying to see if re-installing the program corrects that problem.

You might want to check with your developers because this seems to be the problem.

Thanks,

Golfer2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Golfer2A wrote: 07 May 2021, 21:52 You might want to check with your developers because this seems to be the problem.
It's Microsoft OneDrive that's doing the syncing here Bob, not anything from our end, hence my suggestions above. The problem is that if OneDrive is actively syncing a file, it limits access to the file by other software.

Other than the suggestions above, one thing you could do is manually deselect the "Prepar3D v5 add-ons" folder from the list of folder being synced. Please see the article below for advice on how to go about this.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows- ... lders-sync

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Golfer2A
Airman First Class

Post by Golfer2A »

Thanks Nick,

Well at least I learned something new with this Cloud Syncing thing. I was finally able to load the Bonanza. So now I have the J3, the C-172, and the Bonanza working. But I still have a problem loading the updates for the T-6.
However, I am just going to accept the T-6 without the updates. It seems to fly fine. I just don't get the rain drops on the windshield. But, Oh Well!

Hey, thanks for all the help and support. I really appreciate it.

Btw, I really enjoy flying the Bonanza. It is a fantastic sim.

Thanks again,

Golfer2A

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”