Dynamic rain drops on windshield "error"

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
PilotLUIS
Airman Basic

Dynamic rain drops on windshield "error"

Post by PilotLUIS »

hi can someone help me with dynamic rain in windshield? when i stop a aircraft from A2A at a airfield pass 15sec the drops appers and my graphic card shut down. i didnt instal the dynamic package just came with the my new puchase. is there anyway to turn it off?, with other aircraft like carenado lights i don´t have this issuie. what can i do?

Pilot Luis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Dynamic rain drops on windshield "error"

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Luis,

It's pretty simple to disable the dynamic rain effect to check if this is related to the issue. Simply remove or rename the "Windshield.dll" file in (taking the example of default install location for P3Dv5) the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder.

If you can give us a bit more info about your simulator version and hardware, we may be better able to help.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Hi Nick

Just for your info I still have my windshield effect removed to stop the sim crashing as per our previous conversations. I have not heard anything about an update for it so It's remained removed from the folder. Will the upcoming P3D v5.2 improve the situation and bring the possibiulity of returning it, or should I keep it removed and wait for the next A2A update of the dll?

Thanks

Ian
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ian,

Can't really speak for P3D v5.2 improving the situation for you I'm afraid and if I recall correctly, the issue with your setup is specific to running ASP3D weather too. So yes, probably best to wait and see what happens when P3D has been updated, and ASP3D receives its corresponding update.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”