Main Cabin Interior door handle

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Asticou
Airman Basic

Main Cabin Interior door handle

Post by Asticou »

The inside main cabin door handle is not in the proper position for when the door is shut locked and light is out.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Main Cabin Interior door handle

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Asticou and welcome.

Hmm, I think I see what you mean after looking at an interior cockpit video of the Bonanza. The door handle should be pointing to roughly the four o'clock position when locked rather than down to six o'clock?

If so, this may be something we can address in a future update although such a fix would be relatively far down the priority list.

Well spotted though. Are you a real world Bonanza owner/operator by the way?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Asticou
Airman Basic

Post by Asticou »

Nick - A2A wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 06:27 Hello Asticou and welcome.

Hmm, I think I see what you mean after looking at an interior cockpit video of the Bonanza. The door handle should be pointing to roughly the four o'clock position when locked rather than down to six o'clock?

If so, this may be something we can address in a future update although such a fix would be relatively far down the priority list.

Well spotted though. Are you a real world Bonanza owner/operator by the way?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I am a real pilot and A&P/IA,DAR, retired FAA Airworthiness Inspector. I used to host Bonanza Society Maintenance seminars and worked on most Beechcraft products and flew them.

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Having recently installed P3D ver. 5.1xx I took advantage of the A2A holiday sale and purchased the Bonanza. Maybe the interior door handle position as described is my problem. I cannot open or close the main cabin door via left mouse click on the door handle. To actuate the door I must use the Shift +3 menu and click on "Door" option. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with this aircraft?

Thanks,

Ray

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Ray Mengel wrote: 26 Dec 2020, 22:20 Having recently installed P3D ver. 5.1xx I took advantage of the A2A holiday sale and purchased the Bonanza. Maybe the interior door handle position as described is my problem. I cannot open or close the main cabin door via left mouse click on the door handle. To actuate the door I must use the Shift +3 menu and click on "Door" option. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with this aircraft?

Thanks,

Ray
The door handle will lock/unlock the door. Left click on the design in the door to open/close it, then click on the handle to lock it. If you don't click on the handle after closing the door, it will have a noisy air leak!

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Ray,

Yes, as Lyn says, it's a two part process to open or close the door. To open, first click the latch to rotate it, unlocking the door, and then click on any part of the dark door trim around the handle to push it open.

One other thing to bear in mind is that if the engine is running, the propwash will tend to force the door closed.

The handle issue mentioned above is an apparent discrepancy between how much the handle rotates in the real Bonanza and how much it moves in the animation. This doesn't affect its operation in the sim.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Thank you both Lyn and Nick for your helpful reply. Believe it or not, I normally do read through the a\c manual however, this time my
Acrobat Reader DC keeps crashing when I try to open it. Will be looking into that shortly.

Lyn, I am a Vietnam Vet, served in the Army at Phu Bai as an Avionics Mech on OV 1 Mohawks, 1970-72.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Ray,

Army Combat Medic, Jan1966 -Jan1967. 93rd Medical Detachment, attached to the 118th Assault Helicopter Company, Bien Hoa. I was on flight status and we flew a lot of missions in the "Iron Triangle".

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Ray Mengel
Airman First Class

Post by Ray Mengel »

Lyn,

I was stationed with the 131st MI Co (Military Intelligence) right next to the Phu Bai airport. We flew surveillance missions (Camera, Radar and Infra-Red). I was also TDY for a few months at Udorn, Thailand as we flew some missions in support of the Royal Thai Govt as well. The 131st was part of the 1st. Battalion headquartered in DaNang.

Ray

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Lyn/Ray,

Interesting posts gents. So would that be UH-1 Hueys and OV-1 Mohawks respectively? If either of you would like to share any stories from those days, I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest from the rest of us here.

Speaking of the Huey, I've never been much of a flight sim helo pilot, but I did grab the DCS UH-1H recently and I've been gradually trying to improve my hovering skills. I enjoyed this vid too, when doing the usual research on YouTube.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”