DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE _REMOVED

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
RoyH
Airman

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE _REMOVED

Post by RoyH »

Hi
I run both the Beechcraft Bonanza and Piper Comanche and have recently experienced an error in P3Dv5. PC is Windows 10 and NVIDIA RTX Super 2080 Graphics Card. ORBX Scenery, including ORBX England and various UK airports.

I have run the PC and A2A Comanche and Bonanza since June without any issues. However, in the last couple of days I found out that:-

If I set the weather to overcast, 500 foot cloud base and 3/4 mile visiblity the sim will run without any problems. (40-60fps) If I select precipitation the sim will crash and I get a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error.

If I select a default aircraft and the same weather settings the sim will run okay.

If I use an A2A aircraft without precipitation the sim will run okay.

Any ideas please?

Regards

Roy Higgins

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE _REMOVED

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Roy,

There are many reports of "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" and "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" errors on the P3D forums. Your best at this stage is probably to wait for the next P3D update which shouldn't be too far off, and see if it improves stability with your particular combination of hardware and add-ons.

In the meantime, you could try disabling the windshield rain effects by removing or renaming the "Windshield.dll" in "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges".

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Thank you Nick.

Roy Higgins

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Now that v5.1 has been released Roy, perhaps you could let us know if the issue still remains once you've the opportunity to update your installation.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Nick

Will do. Have been reading reports on 5.1 and reaction so far is mixed. Will update and get back to you next week.

Regards

Roy Higgins

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Nick,

I've had the error too several times since the 5.1 update. device hung and device removed, with A2A aircraft as well as with PMDG and FSL. It seems it's still up to LM to fix that.. Can't be longer than 2 years :D

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Guys,

Uncheck the dynamic texture streaming. It seems that fixed it for me.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Command back... the Bonanza continues to result in a DXGI error in 5.1. :(

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Guys

Had my system since June and the rain always used to work.

Intel i9 9900k 3.6Ghz - 5.0Ghz
RTS 2080 Super 8GB DDR6 (Driver 45206 updated 12/8/20)
32GB DDR4 2400
Asus Z390 TUF GAMING Motherboard
Windows 10 (Version 2004)

Last 2 days have reduced sliders and could get the rain to work on Piper Comanche. Will investigate to see which one is causing the problem.

Have the option to update Windows 10 to 2H20 version. The graphics card driver is the latest version but there are later Beta version of Game Ready Drivers (GRD) that can be downloaded from NVidia site . Not sure what to do.

RoyH

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Nick,

the device hung error is most likely caused by A2A's windshield effects. In 5.1 I made 3 successful flights with fair weather and no precipitation and after landing I turned on "winter wonderland" and got an immediate DXGI device hung. I have also tested the PMDG NGXu, as PMDG have their Rainmaker module, and the flight went on without any issues with and without rain and snow.

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Nick
Have not upgraded to 5.1 as waiting for Active Sky and will probably doe PMDG737NXGu at the same time. (Might be a hotfix from LM as well)

Have studied the Adam Pestridge videos on You tube about setting up P3DV5. Key things is to make sure monitor settings are optimised so that monitor is doing much of the work and understanding that when the slider are in the middle on P3DV5 that is the same as sliders being on the far right in P3Dv4.

Since I have made those changes have not had any other DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE _REMOVED problems or any other CTD. Even is I put rain or snow to max - the Bonanza works well. I get approx.80-120fps and the Bonanza is such great fun - especially on instruments.

Have inserted copies of settings fyi. Will upgrade to 5.1 in a week or 2 and see what happens then.

RoyH
[https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ai457ok60dgf ... pg?dl=0img]
[https://www.dropbox.com/s/34va1195kk6tg ... g?dl=0/img]
[https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpi9zb5m9vw1l ... pg?dl=0img][/img]

Intel i9 9900k 3.6Ghz - 5.0Ghz
RTS 2080 Super 8GB DDR6 (Driver 45206 updated 12/8/20)
32GB DDR4 2400
Asus Z390 TUF GAMING Motherboard
Windows 10 (Version 2004)

RoyH
Airman

Post by RoyH »

Nick

Have now upgraded to Prepare 3D 5.1 + Hotfix. All works well and no snags.

Also, have installed Active Sky P3D and that also works great. No snags so far.

Flew using Active Sky weather engine in and out of rain showers, some heavy. No issues with A2A Beechcraft Bonanza in 3 hours of flying. All seems good now.

RoyH

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Wonderful to hear, slowly but surely the platform with the large changes from v4 is maturing bit by bit 8)

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”