P3D CTD when starting with N228Q

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Chairman
Airman

P3D CTD when starting with N228Q

Post by Chairman »

When I start P3D if I have N228Q selected as the vehicle the sim closes as soon as the loading scenery progress bar appears. Changing the location doesn't make any difference, all the other Bonanzas are fine, and if I start up with any other plane I can change to N228Q once the sim has loaded with no problems. The issue seems to be just loading the sim with that one model selected.

Not quite sure what to try, reinstalling the whole plane seems like overkill. Is there a config file I can delete somewhere to let it reset ? The airframe doesn't have many hours and I won't particularly miss it :)

Sim is P3D 4.5.14.34698
Addons AS, FSUIPC6, F1 GTN, orbx sceneries.

Cheers

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P3D CTD when starting with N228Q

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you loading it in as the default flight or just from the free flight menu?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Chairman
Airman

Post by Chairman »

I think just the free flight menu as I've never messed with the default flight, N228Q is already selected a lot of the time but that could be because it's what was selected when the sim crashed last time I tried to load it ? A few times (in other flights) I've reset the flight and ended up in a jet fighter - that's the default, right ?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have P3D , but if my FSX crashed , and i restarted the FSX the default trike at friday harbour would boot up in freeflight , only time and aircraft other than default came up in freeflight , is if i made a saved flight as default , E.I. Bonanza , this is what Lewis was asking you about , and this is what i think you have done.
If my FSX crashed after doing something like this , i would rename my fsx.CFG file , when the sim is restarted , it would generate a new fsx.CFG file , but all the FSX settings for screen and controls would be back to standard FSX , and i would have to put in all my controls and screen settings ectra.
Also when ever i would fly my installed extra sim aircraft , i would have to revalidate the certs for the aircraft , as if it was a new aircraft in the sim.
regards alan. 8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

It sounds like you have the Bonanza set as the default flight in the sim maybe, as the sim should start with the default flight on the menu screen. But then you mention it resets to the jet so that's a bit strange. Please note the liveries are just that, they don't change the aircraft itself. So that is double strange if you are experiencing it only with one livery, which is why I am leaning toward a default flight/flight load issue on that particular flight save.

thanks,
Lewis

Chairman
Airman

SOLVED Re: P3D CTD when starting with N228Q

Post by Chairman »

Actually I think you're right about me having made that the default - I just loaded up a random alabeo plane at a random airport then reset the scenario and suddenly I was in N228Q at my local airport.

So I changed it to the F-22 and moved it to Eglin and saved *that* as the default flight, now I can change to N228Q on the initial selection screen and the sim loads fine again. I would never in a million years have thought about the default flight, thank you all for the help !

G

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Whey!!!!!

Happy days, I was a little worried of the weirdness but glad it was the simple default flight issue. Tl:dr when it comes to FSX and P3D due to the nature of the first load a complex simulation (Inluding our Accu-sim range) should not be used to help pre-vent issues and frustration in the user experience - using all the buzzwords in this one :mrgreen: - so its best to keep it a standard default platform aircraft just to avoid any potential flight load issues.

thanks and happy flying,
Lewis

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I see that you mention FSUIPC6 G, so it might be worth checking that it's not set to load your previous flight as the default if issues with flight loading and CTDs crop up again.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”