HSI problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
gasman222
Airman Basic

HSI problems

Post by gasman222 »

I am having trouble with the HSI on my V35. It went out on a recent flight (see pic). I thought it might fix itself, but it has not. I tried deleting and re-installing without success. I see that it is air driven, my suction gauge shows normal pressure. I am unable to fly with HSI like this. Thiss is P3dv4.5. I have installed the latest update. What am I missing. Thanks for your help!
Scott Sinclair

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvVRZm47Mwz9kju1EHa ... d?e=rhDaJQ

This is a link to the pic of the gauge.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: HSI problems

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Scott,

Looking at your picture, I think you mean the attitude indicator rather than the HSI? Have you checked its condition in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7)?

Sounds like the engine-driven vacuum pump is okay if the suction gauge is reading at least 4 inHg, but in the Bonanza, you can check individual instruments by clicking the gauge icon on the windshield in the hangar.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

gasman222
Airman Basic

Post by gasman222 »

Thanks Nick, that did the trick. I never noticed that gauge in the windshield, nor did I know that you modeled gauge failures as well. BRAVO A2A!!
Scott

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Scott - yes, gauge failures were a new feature we added with the Bo. You can also tap the gauge faces if any of the needles appear to be sticking.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

gauge failures were a new feature we added with the Bo
That isn't all that you added Nick. :shock: :lol: Circuit breakers pop, instruments go funky, and as I learned this morning, the pitot tube heater fails with no apparent repair.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”