Uninstall Steps

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Doc_Z
Airman

Uninstall Steps

Post by Doc_Z »

I moved my Documents folder that contained my P3D v5 add-ons. The A2A aircraft moved, but the shortcut to the configurators in the Start menu don't work and there are no thumbnails. I presume when I run the V5 installer and it asks if I want to uninstall, I should do it. But when I run the installer, I end up with the same problems. Should I removed the files from the v5 add-ons folder before running the installer or what?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Uninstall Steps

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

If you install a Windows program and then manually move its installed files, any uninstaller won't be able to find them. Your best bet is to restore the "A2A" folder back to its original location (by default "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons") and then uninstall the Bonanza via its entry in the Windows list of apps.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

It is in Documents\Prepar3D v5 add-ons except it is now on the E drive instead of the C drive. That shouldn't make a difference. In any event, the A2A like other products added via the .xml method do not appear in the Windows Apps and Features list. Often they are removed by their install program or just removed from the list.

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

I did find a way to uninstall through Windows, but when I reinstall I have he same problems. Still working onit.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Not too sure I follow exactly what you've done, but if you've manually manually moved the "Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folders from one drive to another, any Windows programs which reference this folder (including A2A add-ons) won't know where to find it as the drive letter is part of the path stored in the Windows registry.

Other than manually editing the registry, the best solution is the one I suggested above.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Doc_Z
Airman

Post by Doc_Z »

It's fixed except that I can't get the aircraft configurator for the Bonanza back onto the start list. Still working.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You can always manually add or edit shortcuts in the Windows Start Menu if you wish:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A2A Simulations

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”