Honeycomb

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bjablonka8120
Airman

Honeycomb

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Hi, I have a problem with the setup for the Honeycomb yoke. I want to assign Button 12 to elevator trim up and button 11 for elevator trim down. Button 11 works fine however button 12 does not move the elevator trim up but the flaps down. Tried to reinstall several times. Could someone please help.

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Honeycomb

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

Are you using the default control settings for P3D/FSX (you don't mention which you're running) or third-party software such as the "Honeycomb Config Tool"? If it's the latter, I suggest you try testing with default control settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Thanks Nick, dumb question how do I load the dafault settings and delete the settings I have now?

Best

Bernd

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Hi Nick, I found how to reset it but it did not make a difference. Button 12 still extends flaps although it is set up to do elevator trim up in Prepar3d v5. Do you have any idea what I can do?

Thanks so much.

Bernd

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bernd,

I don't own this yoke, so not very familiar with its setup, but please can you let me know the answer to the question above?
Nick - A2A wrote: 26 May 2020, 04:47 Are you using the default control settings for P3D/FSX (you don't mention which you're running) or third-party software such as the "Honeycomb Config Tool"?
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Hi Nick, I am using Prepar3d v5 and reset the control settings to default as you suggested. Unfortunately, it did not make a difference, a button programmed to move the elevator trim up instead moves the flaps up. Everything is default.

Thanks

Bernd

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bernd. Is this issue just happening in the A2A Bonanza? And what's the exact name of the event you're assigning in the P3D list of controls?

Also, I understand that you're using P3Dv5, but is there any third-party software involved with the Honeycomb yoke?

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Thanks Nick, it only happens with the Bonanza. I reset the controls to default like you suggested but it did not make a difference. Could it be a corrupted download? Should I just get the 182 instead?

Best

Bernd

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Bernd, but I really need a clear answer to this question above to be able to help.

Question: are you using any third-party software with the Honeycomb yoke, other than P3Dv5 itself?

If not, please can you let me know the answer to the other question above.

Question: what's the exact name of the event (for elevator trim) you're assigning in the P3D list of controls?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Thanks Nick. I am not using any third-party software just the Prepar3d v5 software. The event is called elevator trim (up). Hope this helps.

Best

Bernd

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

One more thing: the problem only occurs with the Bonanza, every other plane, default and addons like the Q400 work fine. When I reassign a button it does not work with the Bonanza. For example, I switched (in P3) elevator trim up from button 12 to button 10. This change works in every other plane but not in the Bonanzs, there elevator trim up still works with button 12. I reset everything but no change, I also redownloaded the Bonanza software but again no change.

Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Bernd,

The only thing I can think of is that you've got an assignment for the "flaps switch down" function in the Bonanza Input Configurator (which is available via the Windows start menu). Please can you double check this?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

bjablonka8120
Airman

Post by bjablonka8120 »

Nick you are smart. I deleted everything in the input configurator and that did it. Everything works great. Thank you so much for your patience!! Let me see what to buy now...

Best

Bernd

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Good to hear we found the culprit and thanks for posting back with the update.

All the best,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”