Exterior sound

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
vgbaron
Airman First Class

Exterior sound

Post by vgbaron »

Hi guys -
I've had an issue since day one with them Bo and I'm finally getting around to asking about it.

The sound level in exterior mode is very faint. In cockpit it is perfect. This happens only with the Bo, all your other a/c and all other default and addons are fine. I have the exterior level adjusted the way I like it but for some reason, when I switch to exterior on the Bo - I almost cannot hear it. In all other aspects my sound works as expected. Obviously I'v e updated and reinstalled since it has been released but the issue remains. Since I don't see any others with this problem I figure it's some setting I've missed so looking for a little direction.

Currently running P3D 4.5 HF3 and V5 HF1 - same issue.

BTW, love the Bo - it was the first retractable gear a/c I flew many years ago.

Thanx,

Vic

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Exterior sound

Post by Nick - A2A »

vgbaron wrote: 22 May 2020, 11:02 Hi guys -
I've had an issue since day one with them Bo and I'm finally getting around to asking about it.

The sound level in exterior mode is very faint. In cockpit it is perfect. This happens only with the Bo, all your other a/c and all other default and addons are fine. I have the exterior level adjusted the way I like it but for some reason, when I switch to exterior on the Bo - I almost cannot hear it. In all other aspects my sound works as expected. Obviously I'v e updated and reinstalled since it has been released but the issue remains. Since I don't see any others with this problem I figure it's some setting I've missed so looking for a little direction.

Currently running P3D 4.5 HF3 and V5 HF1 - same issue.

BTW, love the Bo - it was the first retractable gear a/c I flew many years ago.

Thanx,

Vic
Hi Vic,

Apologies for the delated response. Do you have any other add-ons installed which may be involved in changing the view distance to the external model? For example, any camera add-ons like ChasePlane?

It may also be worth trying the "time_constant=0" Prepar3D.cfg tweak mentioned here.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

vgbaron
Airman First Class

Post by vgbaron »

Thanx Nick - no chaseplane or similar. I tried the time_constant=0 - maybe a "little" better. I may do a complete uninstall of the Bo and reinstall and see if that takes care of it. Not a big deal but a little annoying.

If I'm in spot view and I rotate around the a/c, the sound levels change as expected, louder and softer as I near and ercede from the engine. However, if I am directly behind the a/c in spot view and zoom in and out - no sound level change at all. TBH, don't recall if that changes with any a/c - will have to check tonight.

Thanx,

Vic

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

vgbaron wrote: 22 May 2020, 11:02The sound level in exterior mode is very faint. In cockpit it is perfect. This happens only with the Bo, all your other a/c and all other default and addons are fine.
The external sounds in all of our airplanes including Accu-Sim are 100% handled in P3d, there is nothing we do to these from Accu-Sim. Getting proper volumes out of this system has always been hit or miss. So every one of our airplanes in FSX / P3D are playing wave files through their 3d directional sound system. And all of our airplanes external sounds are at or near the absolute max value the FSX/P3D system can produce.

My guess is you have speakers or headphones that have presence in areas the Bo engine recordings are low. But there isn't any setting we can go to, to increase this level. I'm sorry this is most prevalent with the Bo on your system but I just can't think of anything that can bring this volume up, as we've done everything we can do address this volume difference. Bringing down the Accu-Sim internal engine sounds and bringing everything else up wasn't really a good option, so we just concentrated mostly on the internal engine sounds since this is the main Accu-Sim experience.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

vgbaron
Airman First Class

Post by vgbaron »

I understand Scott. Thanx for the explanation.

Vic

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”