All A2A aircraft will not start

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Blackout2254
Airman Basic

All A2A aircraft will not start

Post by Blackout2254 »

I have had this issue for about a month now, and have tried everything I can think of. It is only an issue in p3d, and I have not experienced it in FSX. When I try and start the aircraft it will not start, even with auto start in the Shift+3 menu. I thought maybe it was a maintenance issue, but when I click Shift+7 to open up the hangar it gives me that "engine must be stopped" message like it would if the plane were flying. Usually I can just hit bypass, but the hangar no longer has the click spot, so there is no way for me to bypass. This is not only on the bonanza, but all of my other A2A aircraft, with the exception of the piper cub, which I could get to start with some difficulty. I have tried re-installing simconnect and adding the simconnect.xml and simconnect.cfg folders. It is possible that I did that part wrong, but I do not think so. I have uninstalled and re-installed both the A2A aircraft and P3d, but have had no luck. This happens in v4 as well as v5.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: All A2A aircraft will not start

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Blackout2254 and welcome,

Please can you just confirm that you're using the latest P3Dv4 compatible installers for your A2A aircraft? If you are, each Accu-Sim aircraft will show the A2A logo and a version number in the Windows list of installed programs.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Blackout2254
Airman Basic

Post by Blackout2254 »

Yes, it is the P3Dv4 INstaller, and I have downloaded the latest updates.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for confirming.

Can you think of any changes you made to your system when this behaviour started happening? For example, resaving your default scenario so it uses a complex add-on rather than a simple default plane can cause problems.

Also, once you load the aircraft in the sim, could you try reloading it (e.g. pick another livery) to see if this makes the hangar reachable.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

fottip
Airman Basic

Post by fottip »

Blackout2254 wrote: 04 May 2020, 18:49 Yes, it is the P3Dv4 INstaller, and I have downloaded the latest updates.
Check to be sure your aircraft's fuel selector is switched to a tank with fuel in it. When I first installed the Bonanza, the fuel selector was defaulted to the "off" position, and the engine obviously refused to start.

Blackout2254
Airman Basic

Post by Blackout2254 »

It wasn’t a fuel selector issue. Even the auto start wouldn’t d spin the prop. I’m not sure why it happened. I downloaded the P3Dv5 version and the issue stopped.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update and good to hear that the issue is resolved after using the proper installer: there are some 'under the hood' improvements to better support P3Dv5.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”