Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update. Still not able to reproduce the issues you're reporting, but I guess your hardware setup is pretty unique. Anyway, glad to hear you have a working solution.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

robains
Staff Sergeant

Re: Adding 2nd RXP and undocking the windows results in blank screen on A2A only aircraft

Post by robains »

Hi Nick,

There is actually a method to my madness ... the 530 and 430 pair are essentially the same from a learning perspective as are the the 750/650 pair. To learn each unit and reduce my cost for the RSG units and fit within my desktop (SimPit) physical space, I went with 750 and 530 RSG units.

Yes, solution is now working great and I'll save off my custom panel.cfg file elsewhere in case I need to do a re-install.

Cheers, Rob.

RXP
Airman Basic

Post by RXP »

Hi,

I'm catching up late on this topic but I hope all has been running fine for you since your last post.

I honestly don't know what could be the reason of any such problem with the popped out window, but I've been comparing the 2 panel.cfg files posted in the discussion and here are a few observation:

1. Both are having an unused [Window Titles] entry:

Window16=Reality XP GTN Unit 1 (managed)

There is no [Window16] in the file though. It shouldn't have any particular incidence on the gauges themselves because there is no entry and therefore P3D won't create an unused gauge instance, but it might be messing up P3D window handling, maybe.

2. A2A test panel.cfg file is using 2 gauges, but both are unit #1, whereas Rob's panel.cfg is properly configured with units #1 and #2

When using 2 RXP gauges (GTN, GNS or mixed), you have to use unit #1 and #2. You can't use 2x unit#1 or 2x unit#2 otherwise this will cause all sorts of problems.

3. Both panel.cfg are using window ident values which are fine.

The RXP Panel Assistant tries to be consistent with the ident numbering using the follow convention:

15751 and 15752 for GTN _1 and _2 respectively
15531 and 15532 for GNS _1 and _2 respectively

NB: this is just a numbering scheme convention but any number is fine as long as they are different per [window##] so that the RXP gauges can know which ident to use for some features (like the auto-resizing window feature supported by each RXP gauges).

Other than this II don't see any particular reason why A2A's test panel.cfg would exhibit the issue on Rob's computer. The only notable difference is just Rob is using a GNS #2 and A2A's panel a GNS #1 ?!!

The only remaining piece of the puzzle could be this: gauge15=A2A_Bonanza35!gps_rxp_gtn750, 2, 2, 2, 2

I don't know what this gauge is supposed to do, but this is the only one which name indicates it has something to do with the GTN.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”