Issues with all my A2A aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
kowen
Airman Basic

Issues with all my A2A aircraft

Post by kowen »

I had a computer fail and had to get a new one. I am in the process of porting over my aircraft and having issues with the A2A birds. They load, but there is no fuel in them despite the fuel manager claiming to have a full tank. The avionics do not power on (I have tried to switch the individual switches on the radios on/off) The lights will not illuminate. The garage view displays the engine is running and will not allow me inside. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and tied to delete anything and everything that says A2A on my system to ensure a clean install. I have run the SIMCONNECT in the p3dV4/redis a few times as well. I have tried Cherokee/ Commacnhe and the 182 and the same issues.

Please help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JdoVgL ... sp=sharing

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Issues with all my A2A aircraft

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I dont have P3D , i use FSX acceleration , but what you discrib and photo , would indicate a simconnect issue , but the other thing to make sure of , is make sure your sim fires up with the default flight and not an a2a aircraft , to initalise your sim correctly .
If as you state you have loaded the simconnect several times , are you loading the correct simconnect , i believe there are several different ones , and you can have more than one at a time running in the sim , but win 10 i believe has the habbit of deleting the one a2a aircraft use , and replaces it with an updated version on win10 updates .
regards alan. 8)

kowen
Airman Basic

Post by kowen »

I figured it was a SimConnect issue. This morning I tried uninstalling the Simconnects in the control panel and I did a P3D client repair. Rebooted, that did not help.

Installed every MSI in the redist folder...rebooted nothing.

Uninstalled everything rebooted, and tried just installing the FSX-SP1

Nothing

Rebooted

tried just installing the FSX-SP2-XPACK

Nothing

tried just installing the FSX-SP2-XPACK & FSX-SP1

Nothing

Is there a specific Simconnect that I need and where do I get it?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello kowen,

When you say you're "in the process of porting over my aircraft" do you mean you're installing them with installers, or are you using some other method?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kowen
Airman Basic

Post by kowen »

I reinstalled them. But to be fair, I did copy My Document and move that over after the fact. I thought there might be an artifact or something in the A2A folder as well as the A2A folder in P3DV4 Files, so I did delete them and did a reinstall.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, and are your A2A installed in the default "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder?

Also, have you got the most recent version of our installers? If so, you'll be able to tell because each Accu-Sim products will show the A2A logo and the installed version number in the Windows list of installed programs.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kowen
Airman Basic

Post by kowen »

Nick,

This is where it gets weird. For some reason I have C:\Users\kelly\OneDrive\Documents2\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A. I think the OneDrive did something weird. That being said, it maps to My Documents and this is where AddOn.xml maps:

PATH=C:\Users\kelly\OneDrive\Documents2\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the added info. To be honest, if your Documents folder is synced by OneDrive, it's probably best to install your P3Dv4 add-ons in a different directory to the standard 'autodetect' one. In this case, uninstall all your A2A add-ons, manually delete the A2A folder that's left over in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" and then launch P3D before reinstalling your A2A aircraft to a new location that isn't affected by OneDrive.

However, before you try this you could just delete the "Documents\A2A" folder (make a backup first if you wish) and see if the issues still persists.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

kowen
Airman Basic

Post by kowen »

Nick..installing it outside the My Documents did the trick. Everything works great. Thank you!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Kelly and thanks for posting back with the update.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”