Beechcraft Bonanza Crashing To The Desktop

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Richard Swan
Airman Basic

Beechcraft Bonanza Crashing To The Desktop

Post by Richard Swan »

Hi A2A Support
I have just purchased the A2A Beechcraft Bonanza V tail for P3DV4.5 Professional on the 23/04/20 and I am experiencing regular CTD's. I have uninstalled it and installed it without the update and it made no difference. I have installed it with the update and still no difference.

Please help as this is a very good aircraft. I have also ensured that I load a default P3D aircraft first and then load my Beechcraft Bonanza,
Regards

Richard SWAN

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Beechcraft Bonanza Crashing To The Desktop

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Richard,

Please can you hive us a little more info about your system including the basic specs and which version of Windows you're using?

Also, can you let us know if any other add-ons are being loaded when you launch P3Dv4?

If the host sim is crashing to desktop, you should be able to find records of this in the Window Reliability Monitor. Please can you check this, and if a crash report has been created, post its contents here.

One other thing which you can do to aid the troubleshooting process is revert P3Dv4 to its default settings by deleting the Prepar3D.cfg (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4). If this 'fixes' the CTD's it likely to be related to one of the graphics or other settings.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Richard Swan
Airman Basic

Post by Richard Swan »

Hi Nick
Thank you for your reply to my Bonanza problem. Nick, I have been flight simming for over 22years and have been using your fantastic aircraft for several years now (FSX Steam- Cessna 182, Cherokee 180 and Comanche 250) all of which I have never had any problems with them. Unfortunately my Bonanza is regularly crashing to the desktop. Also my friend has purchased the Bonanza and is having the same problems of CTD. Thank you for your suggestions, but I cannot understand why none of my other add- on aircraft do not crash to the desktop as with the Bonanza. When I launch P3DV4 the only add- ons are Active sky and Logitech Yoke and pedal assignments ( I have these for about 5 years with no problems with any of my aircraft.) I and my friend have found that the Bonanza flies great, but after 3 flights it crashes. (It is a great aircraft as with the high standard of quality with A2A products)
My Windows 10 version is: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.8.15)
I have read many complaints in the forum about the Bonanza and simmers that have owned other A2A aircraft and only have a problem with the Bonanza.
I feel that deleting the P3DV4.cfg file would change all my settings and not change the Bonanza. In addition I have the following aircraft (with no crashing to the desktop) PMDG, Quality Wings, Alabeo, Carenado, Bellanca Super Viking.
I hope that you will check the aircraft out and possibly get a fix for us flight simmers.
I hope the A2A team are all safe and well.
Regards
Richard SWAN
Sydney
Australia

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Richard but I’m afraid it’s going to be really difficult to help if you don’t provide a bit more info as requested (e.g. info on faulting modules from the Windows Reliability Monitor) and try a few basic troubleshooting steps.

The Bonanza is a bit more demanding performance-wise than earlier Accu-Sim aircraft, due to things like the 4K textures and additional dynamic lighting options, so if your system is already being pushed in term of performance it’s more likely to cause issues, and these can manifest themselves as CTDs.

The Avsim CTD guide is worth a look if you’d prefer not to try deleting the Prepar3D.cfg or sharing your crash logs.

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Richard,

please remember to also ask your friend to ask for help too. Its hard to help people who do not ask for help.

Unlike others who do support behind closed doors we use our forums here to be 100% open and transparent. Which is why if you only read the tech support forums you can come to the conclusion that things might not work, but I'd also ask you to read the main bonanza forum too to see thousands of simmers enjoying there simulations.

As I say open, transparent support here 24/7. All we ask users to do is to simple ask for help when issues are encountered instead of suffer in silence when the majority of issues are quite simple system changes or procedure changes.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”