VSI instrument lighting - possible glitch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

VSI instrument lighting - possible glitch

Post by Paughco »

Please check this out: Start the sim with a default aircraft at dusk. Select the Bonanza. Hit Shift+3. Turn on the battery. Look at the vertical speed indicator. OK, now turn up the instrument lighting. It appears that the instrument lighting was developed for a different version on the VSI; one that reads to 4,000 fpm instead of 2,000 fpm.

Thank you
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: VSI instrument lighting - possible glitch

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paughco,

The VSI in the Bonanza was updated to a 4,000 fpm VSI with one of the updates. I'm guessing you're using a third-party repaint of the interior that includes gauges and predates this update?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nick: Thank you for getting back. Yes, my favorite Bonanza is N313W, which is a repaint. Only thing is, I still get the 2000 fpm VSI when I load N41G, which is a stock color scheme. I'm running P3D v4.5 and have the non-mipmapped gauge option. I've also got the RXP 750 and 650 GTNs installed. My software is up to date, according to the Bonanza Check for Updates P3D4 program.

What would be the best way to get the correct VSI, at least in the stock colored aircraft?

Thank you
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for confirming Paughco.

If you're using the non-mipmapped texture pack, please make sure you've downloaded the most recent version from the store. It was updated when we changed the VSI scale.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nick: The VSI is fixed! I downloaded and installed the updated non-mipmap gauges, and now I have the 4,000 fpm VSI, with instrument lights on or off! Very cool!

Y'know what they say about no good deed going unpunished? Well, here we go: Since the Bonanza doesn't have guns, I originally had the trigger on my Thrustmaster T.16000 stick mapped, via the Bonanza input configurator P3D4 program, to the yoke CWS button for the autopilot. Somewhere along the line, probably when I installed the most recent update, the trigger on the joystick no longer operates the CWS in the Bonanza. It used to work, but it doesn't now. I know that the trigger on my joystick works, because I also have it mapped for the hydraulic button in the A2A P-40. When I load the P-40 and pull the trigger, the little button on top of the stick goes down, and it comes back up when I let go of the trigger. Like I said, the trigger used to work the CWS when I was flying the Bonanza, and the hydraulic pump when I was flying the P-40. Now, when I load the Bonanza and pull the trigger, nothing happens, but it still operates the hydraulic pump in the P-40. I've temporarily assigned the little pinky button on my Thrustmaster throttle to the CWS in the Bonanza. When I press the pinky button on the throttle, the CWS button on the yoke goes down until I let go, then it comes up again. I would like to have it back on the trigger, though. Is there any way to get that?

Thank you
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Good to hear the VSI issue is resolved ATB.

For the CWS button, it might be worth trying to delete and then remap this assignment in the input configurator. Also, can you just confirm which version of P3D you're using?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I'm running P3D v4.5 with HF2. I've deleted the CWS button assignment many times. The trigger on my Thrustmaster T.16000, as assigned on the Bonanza Input Configurator P3D4 app, is Joystick:1 Button:0. This same control works fine in the A2A P-40 for the hydraulic switch. I even tried loading the P-40 and deleting that assignment, then assigning that control to the CWS in the Bonanza, and it didn't work for the CWS in the Bonanza. Now I'm using Joystick:2 Button:1, which is the pinkie button on the Thrustmaster throttle.

So I know that the trigger on the joystick works, because it works for activating the hydraulic pump on my P-40. Also, this same thing demonstrates that the trigger on my joystick can be assigned via an A2A input configurator. I know that my Bonanza input configurator works, because I've got it set up for disconnecting the AP with Joystick:2 Button:0, and the CWS disconnect on Joystick:2 Button:1. I've also got Shift+F for switching from left to right fuel tanks, and Ctrl+F for switching from right to left. Something is stopping the Bonanza Input Configurator P3D4 from assigning the joystick trigger to the CWS. Maybe because there is no trigger in the Bonanza?

Seeya
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No, it works fine for me ATB and I have exactly the same stick, so it's nothing like the T.16000 trigger (which is just another joystick button) being 'disallowed'. If you can copy and paste the contents of the "axisConfig.cfg" from "Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35" here, we can take a look.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Thank you very much for your help, Nick. Here is my axisconfig.cfg:

Elevator_Trim joystick:1:DISABLED False
Aileron_Adjustment joystick:1:DISABLED False
Cowl_Flap joystick:1:DISABLED False
Flaps_Lever joystick:1:DISABLED False
EGT_Ref_Bug joystick:1:DISABLED False
Cockpit_Heat joystick:1:DISABLED False
Defroster joystick:1:DISABLED False

Disable_Shortcuts
Yoke_AP_Disconnect joystick:2:button:0
Yoke_AP_CWS joystick:2:button:1
Yoke_Trim_Up
Yoke_Trim_Down
Aileron_Adjustment_CW
Aileron_Adjustment_CCW
Magneto_Inc.
Magneto_Dec.
Flaps_Switch_Up
Flaps_Switch_Down
Fuel_Selector_Left Ctrl+F
Fuel_Selector_Right Shift+F
Gear_Up
Gear_Down
Headphones
AP_ON
AP_FD
AP_HDG
AP_NAV
AP_APR
AP_BC
AP_ALT
AP_UP
AP_DOWN
AP_ARM
AP_TEST
AP_Inner_Knob_Left
AP_Inner_Knob_Right
AP_Outer_Knob_Left
AP_Outer_Knob_Right
Battery_ON
Battery_OFF
Generator_ON
Generator_OFF

Thank you
ATB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Paughco,

And you're quite sure it doesn't work as expected if you change it to either?

Code: Select all

Yoke_AP_CWS joystick:0:button:0

Code: Select all

Yoke_AP_CWS joystick:1:button:0
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nick: Thank you for getting back. I am quite sure that the trigger on my T.16000 joystick doesn't actuate the CWS button on the Bonanza yoke when I manually enter in either one of those text strings and save the axisconfig.cfg files, or when I select Yoke_AP_CWS joystick:1:button:0 in the Input Configurator program.

Man, I tried all kinds of stuff. I did notice that when a change is made to the axisconfig.cfg file, it rewrites to both the Documents\A2A\P3D\Bonanza35 and the Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35 folders. I even tried deleting both those .cfg files and then starting out over again with the Input Configurator program. Both of FSX and the P3D folders got identical, new axisconfig.cfg files. I checked all my other A2A aircraft, and found that the Bonanza, C182, Comanche, Connie, and P-51 Civ all have identical axisconfig.cfg files in both of those folders. The P-40, however, doesn't have a folder in the Documents\A2A\P3D folder. Neither does the J-3, but I have never configured any functions for the Cub, anyway. I don't have any axisconfig.cfg files for the Spitfire, as I've never configured any functions for that one, either.

I use buttons at the base of the stick for incrementally changing flaps, pitch, and mixture; these are set in the P3D option, controls function.

Finally I gave up and flew a bunch of T & Gs out of Forks and then over to Quinalt in the T-6. Very refreshing.

Thank you
ATB

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”