Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Flight Controls and the A2A Bonanza

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fastback
Airman First Class

Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Flight Controls and the A2A Bonanza

Post by Fastback »

Hi,

I am having some issues with the Alpha Flight Controls from Honeycomb when flying the Bonanza that seem to be widely known but I can't seem to find the answers I am after. The issues are the alternator switch and the nav light switch do not work properly.

A2A have said they have given Aerosoft a list of the local variables for their planes so they can develop a profile for the alpha controls which is great but where do we get these profiles? I know this is an Aerosoft issue but maybe someone here knows.

If there is no profile developed yet am I able to get the local variables for the alternator and nav light switches for the Bonanza so I can try and program them myself.

Thanks in advance
Ben

bobbykins
Airman

Re: Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Flight Controls and the A2A Bonanza

Post by bobbykins »

Hi Fastback -- if you go to the Aerosoft website you will find an app there called the YokeInput. Click on that and you get a picture of all the buttons which react when you press them on the yoke. There is top right File ,click on it and it will give you options.((Profile,Template etc ) .If you click on template you will see the Bo at the top. Click and load and you should get the variables loaded into the boxes for each of the switches. Then run the test . The important thing is that before you activate this you MUST delete any previous assignments already made in your sim or you will get horrendous conflicts. Not fun. If you only want to assign the Bo to these switches, I got so frustrated with the conflicts that I have just assigned the switches through the P3D/A2A Bo input config.and they work OK, (most in the Comanche also with no change) with the exception of the incremental flaps down, which if you are not quick enough, puts them fully down. This is due to the double action/through neutral of the switch in the Bo. Perhaps others may have better luck or just use the mouse which works OK.
In theory, the Aerosoft profiles is a good idea to enable you to change things quickly to fly different 'planes but I haven't tried it but perhaps others may have done and been success full. Best of luck
bobbykins

Fastback
Airman First Class

Re: Honeycomb Aeronautical Alpha Flight Controls and the A2A Bonanza

Post by Fastback »

Thanks bobbykins, that did the trick :D

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”