Range of the BO

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
fleurenf
Airman First Class

Range of the BO

Post by fleurenf »

Hi all,

I was wondering what the maximum range was of the BO. It seems to use up the fuel rather quickly.
Yours in flying,
Fred
Dell i7 1.8GHz; 8gb ram; AMD Graphics 2gb; Win10
Image Image Image

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Range of the BO

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

Well it depends on how much fuel you have on board, how loaded is your aircraft, how much you lean, winds and many other factors. I would recommend you check the aircraft performance charts in the manual. From Range Profile - 74 Gallons page with no wind at 8000ft with cruise true airspeed 136 kts you can get close to 890 nautical miles, (but again this is in ideal weather) we never get that, unless we set the sim with no winds. ;)

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

fleurenf
Airman First Class

Post by fleurenf »

Thanks for that.. Yes it does help properly managing the settings. I flew from Port Hedland YPPD to Bali Int'l WADD @ 12500 feet distance some 735nm with wing tanks and had just over 30 Gallons left.
Yours in flying,
Fred
Image Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just to add to the previous replies, the Shift 2 pop-up panel shows a real time estimation of your remaining range. This allows you to see how changing throttle, propeller and mixture settings will affect your endurance.

Thanks,
Nick

fleurenf
Airman First Class

Post by fleurenf »

Nick - A2A wrote: 29 Mar 2019, 06:24 Just to add to the previous replies, the Shift 2 pop-up panel shows a real time estimation of your remaining range. This allows you to see how changing throttle, propeller and mixture settings will affect your endurance.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks for that Nick
Yours in flying,
Fred
Image Image Image

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Just be wary, the Bo is the first Accusim aircraft to simulate usable AND unusable fuel... and as far as I know, the shift+2 menu code may not have been changed to take this into account. So the estimates are based on total, not usable fuel, and you will find your actual range and endurance will be just a bit shorter than the pop-up says.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”