fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: fsx steam and p3dv4 sound problem

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, shame it looks like its a core system issue. Let us know how you get on the with the OS re-install.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis
I have one question, If I get rid of my Microsoft 10, which was a free download. Will I still be able to reinstall? thanks Jim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis and Nick or anybody else wants to chime In.
Did a complete reinstall of windows, downloaded steam, downloaded fsx in steam. After I downloaded fsx steam, I shut down the computer restarted. Opened up fsx thru the steam opening screen. went to my home airport, made the stock 172 my default flight. would not save. I shut fsx down, went into% appdata % to see what fsx I had and it just said fsx not fsx se. I think the c drive is reading fsx which I removed the hard drive that fsx was on, It is not even on my computer. I am really getting mad, Any help would be greatly appreciated . I just tried it again and it is working, the only problem that I have now is I have one drive that says it is f drive with 500gb on it that was my old hard drive that I took off of my computer. It is not showing my third ssd drive. Thanks Jim
Last edited by luvtofly on 25 Feb 2019, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

did you uninstall the old FSX or simply remove the HDD from your PC?

You really should be installing and uninstalling stuff for it to correctly get added or removed from your system.

If you correctly removed FSX Disc version then FSX SE installs similar if not identical to the disc version. If it detects an FSX Disc edition on your system (in the registry etc so removing a HDD wont change this) then it installs as FSX-SE so to be able to function properly, but of course the -SE can cause issues for some add-ons and systems that are all pointing toward the standard FSX without the -SE part.

Here's a guide on how to wipe FSX;
https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/d ... /?l=french

Additional question is when you say it wont save, in which way wont it save the default flight, what is the message you are getting?
Also for troubleshooting, why are you trying to change the default flight, it's best to leave it as is until you are all up and working to be honest. That way you can load into the main menu, be presented with the trike at Friday harbour, change free flight as you like then click fly.

thanks,
Lewis

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis It did save it I rechecked the simulator and it was saved. My hard drive that I replaced would not work, I couldn't get into the hard drive it would just freeze up my computer. So I just took it out.
But now I have a drive showing up that says that I have 500gb on it, that was my old hard drive. The person that built my computer is not around anymore, so you have a person that is not a wiz at computers sorry Thanks jim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Jim, it could be that the HDD you are using has several partitions.

If struggling, given the PC issues you are encountering and what I am hearing I would highly recommend getting your computer to an IT Tech/pc repair place to help get you back on track.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis,
here is what I did the hard drive that says that I have 500 gb on it is a 250 gig ssd. What I am now doing is I unhooked that ssd, and rebooted the computer. I did what you pointed me to for redoing fsx , I followed the direction. and I am now downloading fsx steam on the E drive. I don't need that ssd right now, because I have another ssd that I will be putting p3dv4 on. I am going to try to get a hold of my friend that built my computer, His job takes him all over the united states. What do you think with I am doing now. I am going to be 75 in a few days, maybe I will get a little smarter ha ha.
thanks Jim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Without being there to know the system config its hard to know to be honest what is what on the system, and you are never too old to learn 8)

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis
I am going to give it a try got fsx steam loaded. Will let you know what happens. Do you think if I reconnect that other ssd I will still show up with 500 gb on it? Going out for a few Beer. Be back in a Couple. Thanks Jim

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'd keep the other HDD out the system for now and concentrate on getting the software working on the system.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Lewis
That is what I am going to do. Will let you know how it goes. I really appreciate what you and nick have done. Thanks again will let you know. thanks Jim

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Hi Lewis
I am going to give you a update on my progress, I got a hold of the person that built my system, he was in town. I let him know what was happening, he said that is strange that a 250 gig ssd would show as a 500 gig ssd. He told me to open up my computer and look at the ssd, and report back to him. I told you that I am getting old,sure enough it is a 500gig ssd. I bought at best buy, I checked my receipt and it was for a 500 gig hard drive but I got it for a 250 gig price. They must like me at best buy.

Now getting back to the flight simulator, I reinstalled everything except all of my a2a airplanes, I just installed the Bonanza. The sound problem is working OK. The problem that I have is when I go to install my gtn 750 and then open up the Bo, I get a message that it will not work with this set up because I don't have fsx acceleration on my machine, I thought that the steam addition has acceleration on it. Another thing when I downloaded all of my orbix scenery at the top it said fsx and not fsx se. I checked everything that I could check to try to find a hidden file that is lurking some place on my computer. Any help would be appreciated, I would take it to the person that built my computer, but he is out of the country on business won't be back for three weeks. Thanks again Jim
Ps I have windows 10 home on my computer

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

For the flight1 issue you'll need to ask the flight1 guys over on there support forums as I am not too sure. But for sure make sure you are using the latest version of the GPS from them.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks Lewis
Got it running was running the wrong gtn, I got the 750 back in 2015 or 16, was just for fsx, I found the old download and redownloaded It Thanks Now if I can get my other things working like my ai suite 2 for my asus mother board. Thanks again for all your help, You can close this post, and if I have other issues I will repost.

Thanks Jim

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”