No Cockpit Sounds in all A2A Aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EagleOne49
Airman Basic

No Cockpit Sounds in all A2A Aircraft

Post by EagleOne49 »

Since this issue seems to be effecting all A2A aircraft, I am assuming it is an Accu-Feel v2 issue. I am running Prepar3D v4.4.16.27077 on a Windows 10 machine. Only the P3D Content, Professional Client and Scenery files were updated. Prepar3D v4 Professional files remain unchanged at v4.3.29.25520.

Inside the cockpit, I can hear all outside environmental sounds, but no cockpit sounds, ie: switch clicks, starter sounds, engine sounds, etc. The outside view yields engine sounds, enviro sounds, etc. The issue is common in the C172, C182 and Bonanza. Accusim is turned on with all volumes set to max.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Ted

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No Cockpit Sounds in all A2A Aircraft

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Ted,

Did this issue only arise after installing Accu-Feel for Prepar3D v4?

Also, for the Cessnas and Bonanza, please can you confirm if you installed and updated them using the latest installers? (See here for more details of how to check for updates.)

Thanks,
Nick

EagleOne49
Airman Basic

Post by EagleOne49 »

Hi Nick:

No, the issue did not begin after installation of AccuFeel for Prepar3d v4. Yes, the Cessnas and Bonanza were installed with the new installers and updated using the new updaters.

Thanks for the prompt response!

Ted

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Ted,

Just trying to gauge whether the issue has only occurred recently, perhaps due to a change to the configuration of your system. Have you previously had the products installed in P3Dv4 with cockpit sounds playing as expected?

In any case, by default the internal cockpit sounds should play through your default Windows playback device. This may differ to the device you've allocated in P3D itself. However, with recent updates to the A2A fleet for P3Dv4, you can assign a different playback device using the "Accusim sound menu" available from the P3D "Add-ons" menu bar item.

Please could you check if this menu is set to whichever device you're expecting the sounds to be played through.

Regards,
Nick

EagleOne49
Airman Basic

Post by EagleOne49 »

The correct sound device is identified in the AccuSim sound menu. I am using a standard headphone jack in the back of the computer for my primary sound device. I tried a Logitech USB headphone and Oculus Rift headset with the same result, making sure that each sound device was properly selected.

EagleOne49
Airman Basic

Post by EagleOne49 »

I have done some additional testing on all my A2A aircraft. - Cockpit sounds: Yes or No

C172 No
C182 No
Beechcraft No
Connie Yes
P-51 Civilian No
TD-6 No
Comanche No
Cherokee No

So, only the Connie has in-cockpit sounds. Since the Connie is the only aircraft, I believe, that has not seen recent updates, one of the recent updates might be the issue.

Hope that helps.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Ted, but I'm still unclear as to whether the internal sounds ever worked with these aircraft in your P3Dv4 installation. Or did the loss of sounds coincide with you installing the A2A updates? Or perhaps when you updated Prepar3D to v4.4 status?
EagleOne49 wrote:I am using a standard headphone jack in the back of the computer for my primary sound device.
Is whatever is plugged into this jack identified as the default playback device by Windows?

Thanks,
Nick

EagleOne49
Airman Basic

Post by EagleOne49 »

The cockpit sounds were present in all versions of P3D v4 up thru v4.3.29.25520. I had not flown any of my A2A fleet after updating to v4.4.16.27077. As I indicated in a previous post, I updated the Client, Content and Scenery to v4.4.16.27077. The Prepar3D v4 Professional Files were not recently updated. They remain at 4.3.29.25520

And, yes, Windows 10 identifies the default sounds as "High Definition Audio Device," which I am using. All other aircraft in my hangar, of which there are many, all have cockpit & external sounds.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Ted

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the extra info Ted.

For what it's worth, the "High Definition Audio Device" is generally the sound chip on your motherboard which can have several devices connected to it, so it's still necessary to make sure the right one is set to the "default".

For one of the add-ons in question, please can you double check the position of the sound slider on the shift 3 menu?

You could also try deleting the "Documents\A2A\audio.dat" file to reset this global Accu-SIm playback to default.

Finally, please can you let us know if you have any camera add-ons installed.

Kind regards,
Nick

EagleOne49
Airman Basic

Post by EagleOne49 »

Nick:

YOU DID IT!!! All fixed!

The solution was deleting and resetting the "Documents\A2A\audio.dat" file.

Thanks for all your help, Nick. Most appreciated.

Ted

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Ted. That's good to hear and you're very welcome.

All the best,
Nick

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Post by [email protected] »

Hey Nick!
Just wanted to add my thanks cuz you fixed my problem too.
FYI: The problem started after a Windows automated update.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, happy to hear that maajr57. By the way, thanks for the info...
[email protected] wrote:FYI: The problem started after a Windows automated update.
Will keep this in mind for future.

Cheers,
Nick

Warthogdriver
Airman Basic

Post by Warthogdriver »

Thank you. This fixed my problem.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”