HSI/OBS NOT WORKING PROPERLY SINCE LATEST UPDATE

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
hatchettc182
Airman

HSI/OBS NOT WORKING PROPERLY SINCE LATEST UPDATE

Post by hatchettc182 »

i have been waiting for a few days to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue i have seen since updating to latest a2a update of the v35 and c182. the problem i noticed is the hsi/obs does not show full deflection anymore when gps is on after pressing enter for the self test. i have a vid demonstrating it and compared to a vid prior to update. did a complete unsinstall of both v35 and c182 and re install even after updating p3d to 4.4 from 4.3

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: HSI/OBS NOT WORKING PROPERLY SINCE LATEST UPDATE

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello hatchettc182,

Please could you let us know exactly which add-on GPS product(s) it is you're using here? Also, if you could upload the video somewhere and share a link, it may be helpful in troubleshooting the issue.

Thanks,
Nick

hatchettc182
Airman

Post by hatchettc182 »

sorry about that nick im using the flight1 gns430/530. i tried uploading directly to here but could not, so iuploaded it to youtube here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmAn2J ... e=youtu.be

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for there additional info and the video.

Have you checked to see if the same issue also affects other aircraft fitted with the Flight1 GNS? I ask, because I'm wondering if the issue is linked to the update to P3Dv4, rather than the latest Bonanza update.

Ideally, please could you configure one of the default P3D aircraft such as the Maule M-7 with the GNS and verify if the HSI reacts as expected during the self test.

Cheers,
Nick

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Not to get in Nick's way, but make sure you didn't pop a circuit breaker. Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago due to a breaker. If you didn't delete the dat files when you uninstalled the aircraft it would be in the same state when you reinstalled it.

hatchettc182
Airman

Post by hatchettc182 »

thanks nick, i checked the just flight piper arrow and the piper warrior, the both still perform the correctly. i dont have any of the default aircraft fitted for flight1 gns. i also checked i did a flight in the v35 in a flight i did just before updating p3d to 4.4 and thats when it started the only update i did was with the flight1 gns updater, and a2a updater. i will load a video of. but i also checked the c182 and noticed the same non deflection of the obs thats when i thought it was possibly the a2a update. so i uninstalled both and re installed them. when it showed the same results i uninstalled flight 1 gns430/530 and also performed a fresh install of it firmware now is 1.13. working on a video as well
Last edited by hatchettc182 on 15 Jan 2019, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

hatchettc182
Airman

Post by hatchettc182 »

AviationAtWar wrote:Not to get in Nick's way, but make sure you didn't pop a circuit breaker. Mine stopped working a couple weeks ago due to a breaker. If you didn't delete the dat files when you uninstalled the aircraft it would be in the same state when you reinstalled it.
thanks, i checked breakers on both c182 and the v35 seated properly on both not popped

Jarek
Senior Airman

Post by Jarek »

I can only confirm that this selftest is working ok for me with RXP 530 2.4.6, P3D 4.4 + latest V35B patch, so looks like something F1-specific.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just a brief update hatchettc182.

I was able to confirm this issue with my GNS installation in Prepar3D v4.4: when using the Flight1 GNS units (with any aircraft) the CDI wasn't deflected by the GNS, either during the power on self test or when in GPS mode.

In my case, the solution was to update to the latest version of the GNS (currently v2.05) which is available on Flight1's website here. It seems that the "Flight1 GNS Update Tool" doesn't update to this latest version and instead it's necessary to download the complete installer from the page above.

Thanks,
Nick

hatchettc182
Airman

Post by hatchettc182 »

thanks nick i was just about to post here that it looks like its a flight 1 issue thanks again for the help guys

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”