Single yoke on the a2a bonanza maybe?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Xander975
Airman Basic

Single yoke on the a2a bonanza maybe?

Post by Xander975 »

To any of the A2A folks around.
Any chance that there will be a option to switch out the double yoke bar for a single yoke?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Single yoke on the a2a bonanza maybe?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Xander and welcome to the forums.

Sorry - no current plans to add a single 'throw-over' yoke option to the Bonanza.

Best regards,
Nick

Xander975
Airman Basic

Post by Xander975 »

Sad to hear that.
Would have loved it for a bit of extra immersion. Than again there is already so much added the bonanza already so I can understand any reason behind it not being added any time soon if at all.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If it's any consolation, we do have an update coming soon for the Bonanza with a few fixes and features but I'm afraid this isn't one of them.

Bear in mind it's always necessary to strike a balance between continuing to add stuff to existing products, and developing new ones. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Xander and welcome to the forums.

Sorry - no current plans to add a single 'throw-over' yoke option to the Bonanza.

Best regards,
Nick
One of my more "memorable" experiences during my tenure as a check pilot and instructor was checking out a new Bo owner (Yep...........a Doctor :-) in his single yoke Bonanza. The guy had 3000 plus hours but none in a Bo. On rotation he literally yanked the aircraft off the ground then froze on the controls. I needed both bank and pitch control to regain angle of attack and only seconds to do it. The only thing I had to work with was the center knob and the yoke arm. Grabbed and twisted at the same time while calmly "asking him" to just let go of the yoke.
Close call.
Got him straightened away after several flights and sent him on his way. He flew the Bo for many years after that without incident.
Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”