Heading bug snapping back to current heading

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Syzygy
Airman

Heading bug snapping back to current heading

Post by Syzygy »

Hey, flying the Bonanza right now, and I can't change the heading bug. It moves when I drag the knob but immediately snaps back to the current heading. Is this working as intended, and I don't understand some feature of the autopilot? Or is it an issue with my controls? Or is it a bug?

Simicro
Senior Airman

Re: Heading bug snapping back to current heading

Post by Simicro »

Weird.

First time happening?

What did you do with the AP?
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Have you accidently got two control keys set up for the hdg bug , also helps if you give details of your sim/operating system when asking for help and weather your controls go through FSUIPC or through the sims and A2A configurator control setup , this info helps others to help you , when trying too workout what might be causeing your issue .
regarads alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Syzygy,

What you describe isn't intended functionality, but sounds like it could be the result of a control conflict or something similar.

As Alan says, some more details on your software and hardware will give us a better chance of identifying the culprit.

Also, is this with a default or add-on GPS?

Thanks,
Nick

Syzygy
Airman

Post by Syzygy »

Upon further testing, it appears to happen only with the Flight1 GNS 430 or 530. Apparently that GPS causes the course knob and heading bug to have a mind of their own.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It might be worth checking you've got the most recent version of the Flight 1 GNS software installed Syzygy.

Also, in the settings for the GNS, I believe it should be possible to enable or disable synchronisation of the course deviation indicator. This may also be worth a try.

Thanks,
Nick

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Syzygy wrote:Upon further testing, it appears to happen only with the Flight1 GNS 430 or 530. Apparently that GPS causes the course knob and heading bug to have a mind of their own.
I don't have the F1 GNS series, so...Do you have a F1 config program related to GNS like in the F1 GTN series?
If so, open your F1 config program, you must have an "Autopilot" option, you must set this option to "NAV". If it is on "Heading Hold" you will have the problem you describe (as on the F1 GTN 650/750 series).

Hope this help...
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”