Do not understand inspection

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Do not understand inspection

Post by B-17 Flier »

Ok, I do a complete walkaround inspection, checking every last thing. Then I bring up the hangar and do a compression check and then look at the instruments. But it STILL says the aircraft is not inspected. So if I have to click on inspect aircraft what difference does it make to do a walk-around?

Thanks

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Do not understand inspection

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
It no longer automatically shows faults in the hangar , to see any worn or damaged needing replacement parts , you have to hit the inspect aircraft , then you will see things like worn brakes in yellow or flap failed in red ecetra , also to see instruments for worn or damaged , then after hitting inspect you hit the inst dial on windscreen to bring up the hangar instrument popup , and spanners to see the engine details.
regards alan. 8)

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

alan CXA651 wrote:Hi.
It no longer automatically shows faults in the hangar , to see any worn or damaged needing replacement parts , you have to hit the inspect aircraft , then you will see things like worn brakes in yellow or flap failed in red ecetra , also to see instruments for worn or damaged , then after hitting inspect you hit the inst dial on windscreen to bring up the hangar instrument popup , and spanners to see the engine details.
regards alan. 8)
Thanks Alan but my question is what’s the point of doing a walk-around inspection from outside then? So no matter what I have to click on Inspect aircraft....

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

The walk around is what is seen/inspected from the view of the pilot. Just a once over with no chance to repair any item that shows need of repair.

The hanger is what the A&P mechanic sees after a through under the hood inspection. Any deficiencies found may be repaired, or, if adventurous, ignored. Yellow is caution and red is "repair now".

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paul,

The pre-flight inspection is something that should be completed before each and every flight. The idea is to catch issues with the aircraft flight controls, fuel, oil and other important bits accessible by the pilot from the outside.

'Inspect aircraft' is the kind of thing that would normally by done by a mechanic, and will find issues inside the engine and accessories, as well as those you should pick up during the pre-flight.

The new logic with the Bonanza enables you to visit the hangar to make changes (let's say removal of the curtains) without exposing the full condition of the aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Lyn beat me to it. :mrgreen:

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

[quote="Nick - A2A"]Hi Paul,

The pre-flight inspection is something that should be completed before each and every flight. The idea is to catch issues with the aircraft flight controls, fuel, oil and other important bits accessible by the pilot from the outside.

'Inspect aircraft' is the kind of thing that would normally by done by a mechanic, and will find issues inside the engine and accessories, as well as those you should pick up during the pre-flight.

The new logic with the Bonanza enables you to visit the hangar to make changes (let's say removal of the curtains) without exposing the full condition of the aircraft.

Thanks,
Nick

I guess I understand. I am a licensed A&P so this is confusing to me. We do a walkaround but it doesn’t go into the hangar for an inspection unless there’s actuall gripes (writeups).

What I’m trying to wrap my head around is the “This aircraft is not inspected” business. It makes it sounds like you HAVE to do this before every flight. We would never do this unless the pilot found something or it was in for a scheduled service, like a 100 hour.

Makes the old walkaround with the other A2A planes now seen pointless. Because if you don’t do the walkaround but do I the inspection you will find something that’s needing service anyway.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Do you go to the mechanic before every flight for an inspection ? Walkaround is the pilots responsibility and thats what it simulates, day to day pilot inspection, that will show only things accessible to him and allows for mistakes on your part, for example not spotting something.

Hangar inspection is simulating a mechanic check out, will find everything wrong with the plane, even things you missed, plus things you can't access as a pilot in the walkaround. Yes both things serve similar purposes, just like irl. However there is enough differences to justify both existing, both irl and in the sim.

Approach those features like you would a real plane ownership, do your due diligence, find things you can but if you suspect something more dangerous or you found something wrong, you go to the professional to fix it.
Last edited by Caldemeyn on 10 Nov 2018, 12:39, edited 1 time in total.

B-17 Flier
Technical Sergeant

Post by B-17 Flier »

Caldemeyn wrote:Do you go to the mechanic before every flight for an inspection ? Walkaround is the pilots responsibility and thats what it simulates, day to day pilot inspection, that will show only things accessible to him and allows for mistakes on your part, for example not spotting something.

Hangar inspection is simulating a mechanic check out, will find everything wrong with the plane, even things you missed, plus things you can't access as a pilot in the walkaround. Yes both things serve similar purposes, just like irl. However there is enough differences to justify both existing, both irl and in the sim.
Got it. Thanks

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Np. :) wasn't fast enough with the edit. 8)

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”