Problems with Aileron Control

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mr_Dirt
Airman Basic

Problems with Aileron Control

Post by Mr_Dirt »

I am having trouble with the control of my ailerons. I set them according to the instructions given here in support. That is sensitivity full right and null zone full left. The problem is any slight movement left or right gives full deflection to the ailerons there is no slight movement it is all or nothing. When i move the joystick back the other direction I get full deflection that way. I am finding it impossible to fly in a straight line. I am using Prepar3d v4.3. My flight controls are Saitek x52 and Saitek rudder pedals. I find this a problem with both the Comanche and the Bonanza. I know it has to be a problem with my setup, but I cannot seem to get it striaghtened up. Any help would be truly appreciated. I am also using EZ dock 2.0 as my camera, but disabling it does not seem to help. Thanks in advance for any help. Also I have many other plane addons and I do not seem to have these problems.
Thanks John

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Problems with Aileron Control

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello John and welcome to the forums,

You can try switching between input methods like described in Controller Troubleshooting from P3D:
Selecting the input method

On the Options menu, click Controls...
In the Controls dialog box, click the Other tab.
Enable either the Raw Input or DirectInput API.
Click OK.

Note: Key assignments may have to be reassigned when switching between input methods. It is recommended you select your input method before making any key assignments.
This might help...

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Mr_Dirt
Airman Basic

Post by Mr_Dirt »

Okay I will give that a try, mine is set at raw input I will switch to the other and try it. Thanks for your answer.
Thanks John

Mr_Dirt
Airman Basic

Post by Mr_Dirt »

I tried changing the input method and I got no change in control of the ailerons. I even put the sensitivity all the way to the left and no change at all. When I roll to the right it is all the way or nothing. When I center the control it will go all the way to the left. It is a constant chase to try and center the ailerons. Every once and awhile I can almost catch it and center but this happens rarely. I t is a very frustrating problem.
John

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Sounds to me like you could have a duplicated control assignment somewhere?
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Mr_Dirt
Airman Basic

Post by Mr_Dirt »

I will look into that and see if I can find one. Thanks

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

Yes, this does sound like it might be a control conflict. Also, please bear in mind that rudder(vator) inputs in the Bonanza will also affect the aileron position due to the simulated bungee linage between the two sets of flight controls.

Thanks,
Nick

Mr_Dirt
Airman Basic

Post by Mr_Dirt »

I got it straightened out. I tried other planes and noticed the same problem, so I thought maybe my joystick was acting up. I keep a spare x52 on hand so I hooked it up. I still had the same problem. I then went into Prepar3d under options controllers and other and unticked enable controllers. I then used FSUIPC to set and calibrate all the axis and it seems to work right now. I have not set up the Bonanza yet, but I did set up the Comanche and it flew great. I thank you for all your help. I had no idea how to search for duplicate controller axis so I tried the way I did. The only drawback is setting up every plane with a profile specific controller settings. That can be a real pain, but if that is what it takes so be it.
Thanks John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

That's good news John - thanks for the update. FSUIPC can add quite a dense layer of complexity to setting-up controllers, but I think it's worth it. :)

Best regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”