Nav lights?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mustang01
Senior Airman

Nav lights?

Post by Mustang01 »

On a flight home right now and i've noticed (seen this on other aircraft as well) that the nav light on the Port wing shines through the wing but the one on the Starboard is normal. Any Ideas as to whats causing this anomaly? How can I fix it? I have a feeling its not the bonanza but something to do with graphics in general on my system.

Image Image

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Nav lights?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Mustang01.
Look at this link , both navs show through since update , i use FSXA on win7 system .

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 39&t=65890

regards alan. 8)

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

ok thanks, now i know its not just my pc..hopefully they'll get it fixed in the next update..driving me nuts like nails on a chalkboard.
Image Image

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the report guys. FSX can be troublesome when it comes to clipping of textures, and if I recall correctly, the internal model rendering of the nav light textures was disabled in the original FSX release because of this issue. I'll check to see if this workaround has somehow been undone with subsequent updates to the MDL file. If so, we'll add it back in for the next update.

In the meantime, if the issue is particularly troublesome, you could experiment with the "ClipMode = Minimum" tweak as described here. Whilst it should fix the issue in question, please note that it does have some rendering side effects. Fortunately this is one bug with the sim platform which seems to have been resolved in Prepar3D.

Thanks,
Nick

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Post by Mustang01 »

Thanks nick..that did the trick!!
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”