What in the world???

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Mustang01
Senior Airman

What in the world???

Post by Mustang01 »

Just flew the T6 and had the same issue with the bonanza and now the T6 Is doing the same thing...after a flight...the "cool down" sounds sound more like some dude backing on a trash can rather than the tick ticking of the engine cooling down..accusim and everything else works fine. any ideas?
Image Image

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

What in the world???

Post by Jacques »

You mean it isn’t the sound of hot metal contracting (or still expanding?) as it cools? I’m not sure what you mean by “backing on a trash can”? I noticed it seems a bit more loud in the P3D version of the P-51 after the latest update, but still the normal sound for me!
- a bit of an edit...having loaded the T-6 and warmed her up, I see its a typo, and it does sound a bit like banging on a trash can, but that is because it is really only one opening that we can hear, and that would be the normal sound of the exhaust outlet cooling after running for a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mustang01
Senior Airman

Re: What in the world???

Post by Mustang01 »

ok i reinstalled and now its back to normal. I know perhaps that description didnt make much sense but it didnt sound how it usually does..either way, its fixed now. if it happens again ill make a video doing a runup and then shut down so you can hear it.
Image Image

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”