Night panel lighting issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
vgbaron
Airman First Class

Night panel lighting issue

Post by vgbaron »

It's possible that I missed a switch somewhere but when flying at night there is absolutely no illumination of the AP control stack on the panel and the only thing illuminated on the altitude setting control is the numbers of the altitude itself. The button and the arm button are not illuminated.

I've used the floodlight and panel switches.

P3DV4.3

Thanx,

Vic

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Night panel lighting issue

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm guessing this is exactly how it is in the real aircraft and very common with most legacy avionics. You need to rely in an external light source like a floid light, flashlight or glareshield light.

As you have P3D, I'm fairly certain that you can "grab" the floodlights and aim them where you need them.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Vic,

Yes, as Oracle says, I don't believe any of the buttons on either the KAS 297 altitude selector or KC 290 mode controller are backlit. The panel floods and other directable cockpit lighting should help though.

Thanks,
Nick

vgbaron
Airman First Class

Post by vgbaron »

Although it was many years ago with all the night time I had in the V I should have remembered. Could have sworn it was backlit but that happens as you get older. :D

Was fun though, had to hand fly the whole approach - no easy button pushing for me!

Thanx!

Vic

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”