Input configurator - affects all assignments?

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
robains
Staff Sergeant

Input configurator - affects all assignments?

Post by robains »

If I setup shortcut values in the Input Configurator, are they specific to just the A2A Bonanza aircraft and NOT global to all my aircraft? I just need to make sure the shortcuts don't conflict with other global assignments ... sound about right?

Cheers, Rob.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Input configurator - affects all assignments?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The A2A control configurator is aircraft specific , and will not effect any other aircraft , i have 15 A2A aircraft 13 of them accu-sim , and have had no issues with the configurator effecting other aircraft.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Rob,

Yep, just as Alan says, any input configurator functions are aircraft-specific. The input configurator also 'intercepts' key commands before they reach the host sim, so it's not necessary to unassign the same keys in the P3D control settings either, if they're used for other functions.

Thanks,
Nick

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Nick - A2A wrote:The input configurator also 'intercepts' key commands before they reach the host sim, so it's not necessary to unassign the same keys in the P3D control settings either, if they're used for other functions.
Does that mean that the commands are blocked from reaching the sim? Cause that is nice.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, exactly that. So if you have say 'Shift Q' assigned to the tailhook in the FSX or P3D settings, but you wish to assign it to do something else such as the headphones in the Bonanza using the input configurator, there's no need to delete that 'Shift Q' assignment in the host sim.

Thanks,
Nick

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Nick - A2A wrote:Yes, exactly that. So if you have say 'Shift Q' assigned to the tailhook in the FSX or P3D settings, but you wish to assign it to do something else such as the headphones in the Bonanza using the input configurator, there's no need to delete that 'Shift Q' assignment in the host sim.

Thanks,
Nick
I did not know that. That is absolutely brilliant. Thanks!

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”