Bonanza lighting in FSX

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Bonanza lighting in FSX

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

I have noticed some things around Bonanza lighting, while playing last night with the plane lights:

1) Subpanel Flood light knob, when going "On" and "Off", doesn't seem to change or illuminate anything.

2) Taxi and Landing lights - flicker several times when turned On before stabilizing and when switched Off, flicker again before they die out.

Platform: FSX Standard (Boxed) with Acceleration
Bonanza, configured with "Default Lights" from configurator

These two caught my attention so far, I will report more, if I find any other.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: Bonanza lighting in FSX

Post by EnDSchultz »

Can you check the overhead dome light on the ceiling to the right of the pilot? I've noticed none of the flood lights on the FSX version seem to have any effect. I'm sure it's not a problem with the electrical system as far as simulation is concerned, as turning on the dome light will change the texture of the light itself, but won't illuminate anything.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi EnDSchultz,

The overhead dome light has a knob right next to it, and appears to work fine along with the two separate lights in the back of the aircraft.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Okay, thanks for checking, must be something else on my end, then.

As for the instrument lights, make sure to check your breakers VERY regularly for any system faults until A2A releases a patch, since breakers are tripping a lot more often than they should. The instrument flood lights are on the top row of the breaker panel, middle of the "lights" section.

nrcrate
Airman Basic

Post by nrcrate »

I'll add to this- It is not lighting up my sub-panel either, and also not lighting up the radio stack other than the actual buttons on the ADF and audio panel.
Nick Crate - FDX016
Chief Executive Officer

FedEx Virtual Air Cargo
Keeping The Virtual World On Time
Celebrating 11 Years of Virtual Service and Innovation

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Hi guys,

In FSX, the panel lighting controls consist of the instrument and radio lighting (the two upper thumb wheels,) and a red flood light that can be activated with the left thumb wheel below those. The tech used in the P3D version for the flood lighting was not compatible with FSX, so the subpanel flood thumb wheel currently doesn't have any lighting. The guys are looking at adjusting this a bit in FSX so it's more clear (possibly removing the click spot and/or tooltip - but I can't say for sure yet.) Thanks!

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Molly - A2A wrote:Hi guys,

In FSX, the panel lighting controls consist of the instrument and radio lighting (the two upper thumb wheels,) and a red flood light that can be activated with the left thumb wheel below those. The tech used in the P3D version for the flood lighting was not compatible with FSX, so the subpanel flood thumb wheel currently doesn't have any lighting. The guys are looking at adjusting this a bit in FSX so it's more clear (possibly removing the click spot and/or tooltip - but I can't say for sure yet.) Thanks!
Hello Molly,

Thank you for shedding light on those questions! It makes much more sense now. I hope the external taxi and landing light flicker is also being checked since they look very unnatural when turned On or Off.

Cheerz,
Vladimir

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

"shedding light" on the questions? Sorry, couldn't resist!

I expected that none of the main cabin lights would work in the FSX version, but so far I can't even get the red panel light to work. Only the instrument/avionics backlight wheels work.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi EnDSchultz,

I was inspired, what can I say. A2A team are the best, I was astonished once again after major release how fast responsive and helpful they are.
FSX and P3D light modeling in the V35 are quite different. The main internal lights in P3D are like in the promo video - spot lights, developed in the 64bit environment of Prepar3d v4.3. FSX version has a standard white plafon above the pilot seat.
Did you try the left thumb button below instrument light knob, like Molly - A2A suggested? I have red light in FSX (boxed).
Have in mind, it is only distinguishable at night you wont be able to see it during day. ;)

Cheerz,
Vladimir

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Molly.
If the lower right flood light does not work in FSXA/SE why not just put an inop sticker next to it , just a thought.
regards alan. 8)

jjb
Airman Basic

Post by jjb »

So, to be clear, neither the glare shield lights or the subpanel lights work in FSX ?
( I realize a red cabin light has been substituted for one of them in FSX)

Cheers,
Jeff

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

jjb wrote:So, to be clear, neither the glare shield lights or the subpanel lights work in FSX ?
( I realize a red cabin light has been substituted for one of them in FSX)

Cheers,
Jeff
Hi Jeff,

As Molly explained in her post here, the subpanel light, presented in P3Dv4 is incompatible with FSX platform.

Cheerz,
Vladimir

Tim-HH
Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim-HH »

Molly - A2A wrote:The tech used in the P3D version for the flood lighting was not compatible with FSX, so the subpanel flood thumb wheel currently doesn't have any lighting.
The A2A C172 and C182 have both excellent panel flood lights in FSX. So it would certainly be possible to have this for the Bonanza as well.

Greetings
Tim
Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Tim-HH wrote:
Molly - A2A wrote:The tech used in the P3D version for the flood lighting was not compatible with FSX, so the subpanel flood thumb wheel currently doesn't have any lighting.
The A2A C172 and C182 have both excellent panel flood lights in FSX. So it would certainly be possible to have this for the Bonanza as well.

Greetings
Tim
Hi,

I agree with you Tim on the Cessnas, but they also don't have managed gauges. We do not know, if these can be squeezed together and if the FSX resources would allow it.

Cheerz,
Vladimir

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello,

I have found this Bonanza V35B "take off" video, which brought me back to my original question for the landing and taxi lights.
The landing light on this plane keeps turning on and and off on the back track, where in the sim FSX it turns on and off 3 times before remaining stable. Is this normal is my question?

Cheerz,
Vladimir

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”