Envtex causing P3D to crash with the V-tail

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
addman
Staff Sergeant

Envtex causing P3D to crash with the V-tail

Post by addman »

So I mentioned the other day that I'm getting hard application crashes whilst flying the V-tail, the error occurs almost exactly after the same amount of time flown, about 5 minutes. The only other add-ons I have are active sky and Envtex+envshade. So I restored all my original textures and I could complete several flights without any problems but as soon as I installed Envtex textures the crashes return. I did several flights just to be sure and it can be 100% replicated. I don't get how a texture program can make P3D crash but it does. I also install very conservative textures, like 512x515 resolution dxt5 clouds etc. I guess this is more of a TOGA Projects problem than A2A but I just wanted to check with any of you guys if you use Envtex and have any problems with crashes.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Envtex causing P3D to crash with the V-tail

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Just wanted to add that I had Active Sky, ENVTEX and Shade and haven't encountered any issues. I'd definitely communicate with the guys over there and see if they can help mate.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Thorsten42
Airman

Post by Thorsten42 »

Hi... I'm on active sky and both envtex and envshade in p3d v4.3 and no problems here.

Cheers
Thorsten

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Thank you for the input. Since I don't have a lot of add-ons I can simply try to do a re-install after work to see if it helps.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”