Exterior lighting

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Sparky69
Airman

Exterior lighting

Post by Sparky69 »

Is anyone else having any trouble with exterior lighting?

I can't get any exterior lights to illuminate with this AC.(beacon, land, taxi, strobe, nav) This seems to be an isolated issue as all other A2A birds installed work perfectly. Also this seems to be an external lighting issue only as the interior lighting works as advertised.

If it helps at all the beacon does turn when switched on and off, just no illumination. I also ticked off all the dynamic lighting settings in the aircraft configurator and enabled dynamic lighting in the sim with no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Using
P3D v4.3
Orbx Global
Orbx Vector
ActiveSky

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Exterior lighting

Post by Molly - A2A »

Sparky69 wrote:Is anyone else having any trouble with exterior lighting?

I can't get any exterior lights to illuminate with this AC.(beacon, land, taxi, strobe, nav) This seems to be an isolated issue as all other A2A birds installed work perfectly. Also this seems to be an external lighting issue only as the interior lighting works as advertised.

If it helps at all the beacon does turn when switched on and off, just no illumination. I also ticked off all the dynamic lighting settings in the aircraft configurator and enabled dynamic lighting in the sim with no change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Using
P3D v4.3
Orbx Global
Orbx Vector
ActiveSky
Hey they Sparky69,

First, just to clarify so we can get to the bottom of your issue as fast as possible - you are referring to the illumination on the ground cast by the lights, and not the volumetric lighting effects? Sometimes the terminology gets a bit mixed up so I just want to make sure we are on the same page. :) Here is a pic to help:

If the dynamic lighting is not appearing on your sim, can you please triple check the following settings? Once we are certain, we can hopefully get to the bottom of it.

From the Bonanza Aircraft Configurator:

And from the P3D graphics settings:

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Hi there, thanks for replying,

I can't see neither the volumetric lighting effects nor the dynamic lighting. All the settings appear to be as shown.

I've used FSX for many years, only recently have I switched over to P3D, so please forgive my ignorance.

Regards,

Colin

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Sparky69 wrote:Hi there, thanks for replying,

I can't see neither the volumetric lighting effects nor the dynamic lighting. All the settings appear to be as shown.

I've used FSX for many years, only recently have I switched over to P3D, so please forgive my ignorance.

Regards,

Colin
No worries Colin, we're here to help. :) Can you let us know what type of graphics card is in your PC?

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Sure,

What I've managed to come up with.

GeForce GTX 980M
Intel core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.5GHZ
16GB RAM
1920x1080 60HZ

Hope this helps!

Axxon
Airman Basic

Post by Axxon »

It may sound odd but, can you check your circuit breakers? Click each one of them.

It happened to me yesterday. The same thing: No exterior lights. It was a popped circuit breaker.

Sparky69
Airman

Post by Sparky69 »

Thanks Axxon!!

That's exactly what it turned out to be... go figure!!

Cheers,

Colin

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”