For those experiencing blurry textures

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
DC3
Technical Sergeant

Re: For those experiencing blurry textures

Post by DC3 »

Hi DC3,

It looks like your texture res setting reset itself back to 1024, which it will do any time you alter any of the FSX graphical settings - even changing the traffic percentage will change it back to 1024. If you go back into the FSX.cfg and change it, then avoid changing any graphics settings in FSX it should be good to go.
[/quote]

Hi Molly,

You were absolutely correct. See the new pictures! Much better. :)

woody901
Airman First Class

Post by woody901 »

I too suffered from the blurry textures initially. With Nicks help I increased my global textures to 4096 and then switched off the anti aliasing setting. I did get a big improvement with these setting but as I fly with the zoom setting out a little i did notice some blurring still, but at an acceptable level. The huge difference for me was the improvement of my scenery textures. All of a sudden everything was crisp and clear and decidedly better than before.
I will stick with these settings and would like to thank Nick for the patience shown and help given. It has improved my enjoyment of simming and the Bonanza will soon become one of my favourites to take up.
Thanks to all at A2A and thanks again Nick.

Mick
ImageImageImageImage

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

I put this together to help those who are still having problems with this.

Max Morton
Airman Basic

Post by Max Morton »

Changed the number in .cfg file to 4096 and saved but still getting blurries. Any suggestions? Or should just hold off till patch comes out?

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Max Morton wrote:Changed the number in .cfg file to 4096 and saved but still getting blurries. Any suggestions? Or should just hold off till patch comes out?
Did you change anything in your options after you did it? Is it FSX or P3D?

tomm
Airman

Post by tomm »

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people who find the bonanza gauges had to read. This is the first A2A aircraft I've experienced this in in both my FSX and now P3D format. Hope there wil be a fix for us. Thanks for the new plane!

cyberpilot
Airman

Post by cyberpilot »

How much longer before this gets sorted?
Given the number of people with blurry textures it seems odd this wasn't picked up by the beta testers.
A great product but no good when you can't read the instruments.

jb44mag
Airman

Post by jb44mag »

I have the same blurry problem with the V-tail. I am running 2560x1440x32 on monitor settings for all planes and other uses on the computer. I also have 5 A2A accusim planes and their graphics are fine.

I also run FTX/ORBX HD graphics throughout the USA and South America. With HD Scenery and HD aircraft, settings need to be detuned or the infamous OOM will occur. This is a MS FSX bug.
There are lots of articles on the internet about this.

That said, I am not turning all graphic settings to MAX. As one poster in another forum put it, "do you want to have your graphics at max with unlimited FPS or do you want to fly." I want to fly. So, A2A, please come up with a fix.

Last comment and wish list. I just bought the Carenado D-18, and what a pile of bugs (I almost said something else). I was so used to Milt Shupe's free D-18, I thought the VC would be better from Carenado, but I was wrong. Very poor flight model. As one use said, "its like landing your car." I own 20 Careenado/Alabeo planes and I think the D-18 will be the last. I don't like bad mouthing another publisher, but I think they are pushing out new planes too fast, and the quality suffers.

In that regard, A2A plane development is sure slow, but it sure it good. :D

I still like you B-17 best.

Best regards,

-Jim

So how about a D-18s next? :D

Max Morton
Airman Basic

Post by Max Morton »

Neon wrote:
Max Morton wrote:Changed the number in .cfg file to 4096 and saved but still getting blurries. Any suggestions? Or should just hold off till patch comes out?
Did you change anything in your options after you did it? Is it FSX or P3D?

Yea it’s FSX and no I didn’t changed anything. The 4096 stays saved in the .cfg every time I open it.

seawing
Airman

Post by seawing »

Here as well, FSX-A with blurry texture, despite the texture setting to 4096.

Regards,

Seawing

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Woohoo! I can see again! Thanks for the mipmap-less textures, A2A. My eyesight is bad enough, this is a miracle. Yessssssss! Thanks!

Neon
Technical Sergeant

Post by Neon »

Watch the video, or read the first part of this thread. Both tell you how to fix it, it's not something that
needs to be patched; it's a fix you need to make. Very easy to do. :)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

lots of people have said "the 4096 fix" does not work for them, myself included. the patch sorted the problem for me.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

t-bone
Airman

Post by t-bone »

Neon wrote:Watch the video, or read the first part of this thread. Both tell you how to fix it, it's not something that
needs to be patched; it's a fix you need to make
. Very easy to do. :)
Thanks for telling me what I need to do, but as it turns out I didn't need to do anything because A2A fixed my problem with the patches.

Not everybody wants to or like me is comfortable messing around with things, especially when I don't know what I am doing. I have FSX running great and don't want to chance screwing something up. I have very limited time and as such, I like to fly not troubleshoot things. :wink:

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

"TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096" worked on my system.

FSX:Boxed + Acceleration
I7-4770K
GTX760
16GB Ram

But I lost 20fps because of the increase in texture sizes (I assume). Interestingly enough, I realized that framrate issues were causing my CumulusX thermal/updraft module to behave badly.
Going to try the Mipmap fix now.

Also, thanks for having the patience of supporting my arguably ancient simulator choice. I promise I'll update at some point :mrgreen:

EDIT: Substantially better! I'm keeping it...

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”