Blurry panel lettering

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
THibben
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 257
Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Location: Lacey, Washington

Blurry panel lettering

Post THibben »

I have panel lettering that is not clear especially switch titles. The lettering appears blurry. I also am finding when I open the 2D panels they all run off screen. How do I resize them so I don't have reset them each time I load up the plane?

My system is pretty high end. Processor is intel i7 CPU [email protected] GHZ. I have 12.0 GB memory and my system is 64 bit. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video card. My monitor is a Dell 21 in x 11.75.

I have nearly all of A2A's aircraft and have no problem with any of them.

Thanks,

Tom

wothan
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 262
Joined: 19 Nov 2008

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post wothan »

THibben wrote:I have panel lettering that is not clear especially switch titles. The lettering appears blurry. I also am finding when I open the 2D panels they all run off screen. How do I resize them so I don't have reset them each time I load up the plane?

My system is pretty high end. Processor is intel i7 CPU [email protected] GHZ. I have 12.0 GB memory and my system is 64 bit. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video card. My monitor is a Dell 21 in x 11.75.

I have nearly all of A2A's aircraft and have no problem with any of them.

Thanks,

Tom
My solutions was to remove the mipmaps for the VC textures. After that the textures and instrument labels are now crisp and clear, even at 1024x1024.
Same discussion can be found here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 39&t=65274

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major
Posts: 1177
Joined: 01 Jun 2012

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Molly - A2A »

Hi Tom,

First, which simulator are you using - FSX boxed/DVD edition, FSX Steam, or P3D v4?

To add to what FinnJ posted above, you can also make sure your "global texture resolution" is all the way to the right (if in FSX Steam) or "texture resolution" is set to Ultra 4096x4096 (if in P3D v4.) If you are running FSX boxed/DVD edition, you may require a small tweak to your FSX.cfg file which we can help you do if necessary.

As for your 2D panels being too large: did you by any chance run the Bonanza Aircraft Configurator and change the 2D % option under the "4K" area? If so, you will want to change this back to 100% as it is intended for those with 4K monitors where the 2D panels are very very small.

THibben
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 257
Joined: 16 Oct 2007
Location: Lacey, Washington

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post THibben »

molleh wrote:Hi Tom,

First, which simulator are you using - FSX boxed/DVD edition, FSX Steam, or P3D v4?

To add to what FinnJ posted above, you can also make sure your "global texture resolution" is all the way to the right (if in FSX Steam) or "texture resolution" is set to Ultra 4096x4096 (if in P3D v4.) If you are running FSX boxed/DVD edition, you may require a small tweak to your FSX.cfg file which we can help you do if necessary.

As for your 2D panels being too large: did you by any chance run the Bonanza Aircraft Configurator and change the 2D % option under the "4K" area? If so, you will want to change this back to 100% as it is intended for those with 4K monitors where the 2D panels are very very small.
I am using FSX boxed. Nothing like missing what should be the first big clue....grin

Tom

Evanm
Airman
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 Jul 2018

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Evanm »

Most of my gauges are blurry like VSI, ALtimiter, Turn corridnator, ASI, and the HSI. You said you can help with a tweak we need to do with the CFG how do you do that tweak? I’ve tried everything and nothing works.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major
Posts: 1177
Joined: 01 Jun 2012

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Molly - A2A »

If you have FSX Steam Edition, you can just adjust your "Global Texture Resolution" in the FSX graphics options by moving the slider all the way to the right.

For FSX boxed, browse to the following folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

and open FSX.cfg. Look for the line "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024" (it may be equal to some other number.) Edit the 1024 to 4096 so it reads "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096", save the file, and close it. You should be good to go at that point.

Evanm
Airman
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 Jul 2018

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Evanm »

Thank you it made it a little clearer but I still have to zoom way way in to make it where I want it. Any ways around that?

Molly - A2A
A2A Major
Posts: 1177
Joined: 01 Jun 2012

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Molly - A2A »

Evanm wrote:Thank you it made it a little clearer but I still have to zoom way way in to make it where I want it. Any ways around that?
Hi Evanm,

Are you using P3D? If so, there is an option called "Wide-view aspect ratio" in the Display settings of P3D. You may want to try with it turned off/unchecked. As of P3D version 4.3, the default zoom is now 0.3 which is much more "zoomed out" than it was before. The option to check is located here:

Image

Evanm
Airman
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 Jul 2018

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Evanm »

No I’m using FSX boxed edition.

Molly - A2A
A2A Major
Posts: 1177
Joined: 01 Jun 2012

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Molly - A2A »

Evanm wrote:No I’m using FSX boxed edition.
Ah, I see. Well, are you finding it difficult to read gauge text due to their small size, or are they still too blurry? Depending on your monitor size and visual acuity, you may be best off zooming in as you have tried already. If you still seem to be having some sort of blurry texture issue, let me know and we can try to get it sorted.

Evanm
Airman
Posts: 14
Joined: 16 Jul 2018

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post Evanm »

Yeah that’s the problem some gauges are fine and others like the engine gauges are blurry and the colors aren’t crisp. I try zoming in and adjusting the seat to find a good balance but too close and it’s impossible to fly, to far away and I can’t see everything I need to.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant
Posts: 2298
Joined: 15 Mar 2016

Re: Blurry panel lettering

Post alan CXA651 »

molleh wrote:If you have FSX Steam Edition, you can just adjust your "Global Texture Resolution" in the FSX graphics options by moving the slider all the way to the right.

For FSX boxed, browse to the following folder:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

and open FSX.cfg. Look for the line "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024" (it may be equal to some other number.) Edit the 1024 to 4096 so it reads "TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096", save the file, and close it. You should be good to go at that point.
Hi Molleh.
Your fix quoted above for FSXA , fixed my blurries , thankyou.
regards alan. 8)
Image
Image
Image
Image

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests