Nose swinging to the left after rotation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Nose swinging to the left after rotation

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

Hello,
I bought the V Tail I soon as it was out, I've been so excited for this project.
I've noticed something weird with the V Tail (and similarly with all A2A GA aircraft) and that is while I am rotating to lift off, as soon as the nose gear/mains leave the surface, the nose of the plane kicks far to the left. It's not a gradual swing, it's a glitchy immediate yaw at least 10 degrees to the left. The use of right rudder only makes this worse as whatever is causing this doesn't like the right rudder, to yaws the plane even more to the left, and dropping the left wing. I've noticed this with other GA planes like the Cherokee and Cessna, where taking off is not fun as the planes all want to barrel roll left, or suddenly yaw/bank to the left as soon as the gear are off the ground.
Is there any setting I should tweak to fix this?
THank you!
Dmitri

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: Nose swinging to the left after rotation

Post by Molly - A2A »

Foxtrot_Sim wrote:Hello,
I bought the V Tail I soon as it was out, I've been so excited for this project.
I've noticed something weird with the V Tail (and similarly with all A2A GA aircraft) and that is while I am rotating to lift off, as soon as the nose gear/mains leave the surface, the nose of the plane kicks far to the left. It's not a gradual swing, it's a glitchy immediate yaw at least 10 degrees to the left. The use of right rudder only makes this worse as whatever is causing this doesn't like the right rudder, to yaws the plane even more to the left, and dropping the left wing. I've noticed this with other GA planes like the Cherokee and Cessna, where taking off is not fun as the planes all want to barrel roll left, or suddenly yaw/bank to the left as soon as the gear are off the ground.
Is there any setting I should tweak to fix this?
THank you!
Dmitri
Hi Dmitri,

First, can you let us know which sim you are using - FSX or P3D v4, and second, can you also let us know what additional add-ons you may be using, such as 3rd party weather apps (ActiveSky), FSUIPC, etc?

Foxtrot_Sim
Airman

Post by Foxtrot_Sim »

I did not even think of that! Without Active Sky P3D V4 (my sim is P3D V4.3) all is normal. Should I consult Active Sky with this issue?

Snorre
A2A Test Pilot

Post by Snorre »

You could check out your wind and turbulence settings first and try to adapt them to your liking.
Gunter

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Also, try letting the airplane build more speed and lightly pull back on the yoke. If you pull back hard at a slower speed, you get a sudden very high angle of attack with high power, and it's normal to have a left pull from the pfactor.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

trindade
Staff Sergeant

Post by trindade »

Or maybe too much crosswind during take-off.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Set trim to proper range (~2-3° ANU), do not rotate before 80 KIAS, rotate smoothly and apply a little right rudder during rotation. It's a V-Tail ! No brisk manoeuvers or it will swing left and right eternally !
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Dmitri,

Are you using ASN with real weather enabled by chance?

-Esa

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

AKar wrote:Dmitri,

Are you using ASN with real weather enabled by chance?

-Esa
Sorry, I didn't somehow register your previous response to the very question I asked. :)

On my log, this is known issue with all A2A airplanes. It is linked to the ASN real weather. They punch aside when the mains leave the ground. In my testing, when the real weather is disabled, the behavior returns normal even if the weather engine remains running.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”