Loss of Sound related to "Attempt to call a nil value"

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TatoBean
Airman First Class

Loss of Sound related to "Attempt to call a nil value"

Post by TatoBean »

Hi All!

I was going to make a much more joyful post about getting my new Bonanza with it's panel that hasn't been touched since 2002 and a high time engine ripe for overhaul and or upgrade but have run into another issue.

Flew it a good 3 ish hours yesterday and stopped short of a line of weather to let it push through overnight. Go to fly today and was greeted with the error "Attempting to call a nil value." A little sleuthing on the googlezez told me it was a fairly simple fix of reinstalling the airplane. Got that taken care of, reinstall my chosen textures, and re run all the updaters. I'm no longer getting the nil value error, so YAY! But now I'm getting no sounds from the airplane and am stumped. I'd hate to loose what I've got with the engine state (I mean it's right at 1450 hours, good compressions still though so may just keep it cause hey in 50 hours it's paid off!)

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tato
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Loss of Sound related to "Attempt to call a nil value"

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tato,

Which host sim are you using here and have you checked the volume control at bottom left of the shift 3 menu?

If this is set to 100%, could you let us know what playback device you're using for Windows sounds, and whether this is the Windows default device?

If it's not, you should be able to use the "Accusim sound menu" option (available from the top "Add-ons" menu) to select it.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Sorry, It's FSX and I am using the default sounds. The AccuSim volume was the first thing I checked (don't ask how I know to do that, or about the post I completely deleted in an earlier time.)

I did forget about the sound menu, I had been running my audio through my HDMI cable to a TV and just using those speakers (I gotta get better sound hardware) But had plugged a box into the audio jacks to use an old aviation headset for the sim. Which caused it to switch the output, unfortunately I can't use both so that's a bit of a dissapointment, but I guess nobody needs to hear me being a nerd if I'm tucked away in my own little noise canceled world.

Thanks, got it solved.
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Tato and good to hear that the issue is solved.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”