flying it by the POH

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

flying it by the POH

Post by awash2002 »

I've decided to just fly the Bonanza by the POH what ever the POH says for 75% power is what I use now. No more of this 2400 20ROP just by the POH is what I fly by now

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Re: flying it by the POH

Post by Orlaam »

I've been using ForeFlight and the profile for the Bonanza. Here is what they give you to choose from:

https://www.bonanza.org/community/membe ... ch---lean/

I don't pay as much attention to the throttle setting now.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I need to get foreflight I just go by the cruise numbers in the POH right now I'm at 11,000 feet 75% full throttle 2500 13.0gph

Orlaam
Senior Airman

Post by Orlaam »

I really like ForeFlight, but I have no business paying for it. I don't fly in real life and the total package is very expensive. You won't get those performance profiles without the Performance Plus package, and that is $300.00 a year. I've just eroded a lot of other hobbies away so I can afford it. I like that you can get airport data in real time, weather radar, traffic, terrain, all US charts/plates, real routing with fuel calculations, and much more. A lot of it won't be useful to a sim pilot only, but it's such a well-refined program. I can use the browser on the computer to create a flight and do almost everything to prepare, then switch to the iPad (or iPhone) and operate as an EFB. The approach plates overlay the map (which you can hide), you can have synthetic vision which shows terrain and traffic/obstacles in a 3D view. The traffic without the sim is internet ADS-B, but in the sim it's sim generated. It's just such a cool program. And in a way, it really does mirror the terrain and other world data compared to the sim so closely. The only downside is that the profiles are a little limited. You get a large number of business jets, small GA planes, and a handful of widely used commercial jets. You can choose the Boeing 737-700 or -800, but the -600 and 900 models aren't in there. The Duke, such as the RealAir from FSX days is missing a performance profile. You can create a profile, however, you need real data to input or it's just a guessing game. I figure as much as I spend on this hobby, it's not killing me. I spend 50-100 on add on aircraft or scenery, I can justify the 300 per year. Really check it out first before making that commitment.
Chris J.

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU | Windows & Pro 64 bit | FSX:SE

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Cool I plan on getting it at Sun N Fun 2022

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”