Most Common Real World Avionics Options

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Most Common Real World Avionics Options

Post by GaryRR »

I usually use RXP GTN 750 in my Bonanza.
BUT, I have seen the price of a GTN 750.
Could buy a Certified pre-owned car for the same.
What avionics options could one say are most common installed in Bonanzas today.
The GTN would definatley be for a very well heeled owner but I'm sure there are quite a few owners out there that just manage the ñormal overhead on their planes.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Most Common Real World Avionics Options

Post by Les Parson »

An acquaintance has a F33A with a G530/G430 and said it wasn't worth the exorbitant expense as you have highlighted. What I often do is go on controller.com and look at those for sale to check out avionics. Also, YouTube is your friend here.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Well, sometimes using the RXP GTN in P3D 4 I get CTDs caused by a conflict between the RXP GTN and the atioglxx.dll. I have a Radeon GPU. But I mitigate that by loading in with Maule then switching out to the Bonnie. But, I have other planes with GTN. The Alabeo 421 and the Carenado Navajo. Never saw CTD with them but they don't have the background mechanical software running that A2A planes do and I hate to turn that off because that is part of the realism A2A is famous for. So, I am considering just running 530 or 430 in the Bonnie if it would actually be more authentic than the GTN. Never had CTDs with the RXP GNS simulations. Just the GTN. And I would prefer flying the Bonnie even with the watered down default GPS over any plane I have. It is one of the top GA sim aircraft.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

GaryRR wrote: 16 Sep 2021, 21:19 Well, sometimes using the RXP GTN in P3D 4 I get CTDs caused by a conflict between the RXP GTN and the atioglxx.dll. I have a Radeon GPU. But I mitigate that by loading in with Maule then switching out to the Bonnie. But, I have other planes with GTN. The Alabeo 421 and the Carenado Navajo. Never saw CTD with them but they don't have the background mechanical software running that A2A planes do and I hate to turn that off because that is part of the realism A2A is famous for. So, I am considering just running 530 or 430 in the Bonnie if it would actually be more authentic than the GTN. Never had CTDs with the RXP GNS simulations. Just the GTN. And I would prefer flying the Bonnie even with the watered down default GPS over any plane I have. It is one of the top GA sim aircraft.
I only fly the Bonanza using the RXP G430.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Les I'm following your setup and putting the RXP 430 in my Bonanza

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I am running now 530/430 stack. Works well and no CTDs. I usually have the 430 screen on traffic and terrain and arc map on the 530 for nav but sometimes map mode. I do wish they were color as the GTN is. I do wish Garmin would fully test their trainers with ATI drivers because that's usually the CTD causing conflict.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”