Bonanza Elevator Force Settings P3d 4

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Bonanza Elevator Force Settings P3d 4

Post by GaryRR »

I noticed that the Elevator Force setting in the in sim config box default 0. Is that the real world approximation of the Bonnie's ruddervator Vs? Just to see I set it at different settings and at 4 I find trim out to be very easy and stable. Take off performance and level bank turns are better to.
But, is that realistic at 4? What setting comes close to a real V-tails ruddervator performance?

Thanks

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Bonanza Elevator Force Settings P3d 4

Post by Paughco »

I recommend that you put "elevator force setting" into the search box and see what comes up. Lots of interesting stuff in there. It's sort of like trying to customize your shotgun stock so you can get a better score on the trap range. Hard to describe, but adjust until it's best for you.

Seeya
ATB

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Gary,

This is 100% subjective, meaning, the only number that matters is the one you like. Higher numbers reduce the elevator effectiveness with higher speeds to simulate a harder pull. Some like it on 0, others max, and some anywhere in between. Fly it around on 0, slow, and do some maneuvering. Then dive and at higher speeds do the same. Then put it on max. Repeat. This will pretty much let you know what this is about.

It does not change the aerodynamics at all, just the amount of elevator allowed as the speed increases.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I will certainly experiment with it. I noticed it trimmed and held altitude a lot better with more force dialed in. At 0 I had to correct a lot.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”