Partial Flap INOP

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
Radial_9
Airman

Partial Flap INOP

Post by Radial_9 »

A tip of the hat to Lewis for his assistance to get my credentials back so I can post here again. Thank you Sir!

Bit the proverbial bullet and upgraded to P3DV5 over the past few months. Went much smoother than I anticipated. Took patience and time, but for the most part everything went well.

I truly enjoy flying the Bonanza.It's just plain fun! In working through getting the aircraft fully functional in V5, I have run into an issue that I can't seem to fix.

Flaps will only fully retract or extend. No partial extensions or retractions. I have assigned my Thrustmaster Throttle flaps switch to both F6 and F7. Even if I press the keyboard key F7 I get a full extension. With flaps fully retracted, I can even use the mouse and flip the flap tab down one notch, no flap movement. If I continue and put the tab down another notch, I get full flaps.

What might I be doing wrong? I hav tried assigning F6 and F7 with FSUIPC and I have also tried using "Select for FS Control" and trying all the flap controls there, with no results. BTW, the Sword Increment fix for trim control works just GREAT in V5 too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Re: Partial Flap INOP

Post by Les Parson »

disregard
Last edited by Les Parson on 14 Sep 2021, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Partial Flap INOP

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Radial_9,

The flap selector in the V35B is actually a three position switch with a central "neutral" position as well as the "up" and "down" positions. In other words, there are no detents as such but instead the flap angle can be continuously adjusted.

So, assuming the flaps are fully up, with the switch already in the central position, F7 will move it to "down" and the flaps will begin to extend. When they reach the desired angle as shown on the indicator, just hit F6 to return the switch to "neutral" and the flaps will lock at their current position. (Of course, you can use hardware buttons or a three position switch for this too.)

I guess this design takes a bit more thinking about than the notch-style selector when you extend or retract flaps, but the trade off is that you can set the flaps to any position desired, not just pre-defined detents.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”