Preventative Maintenance

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
TatoBean
Airman First Class

Preventative Maintenance

Post by TatoBean »

Hi all!

I've noticed that over time my left flap is starting to develop a lot of play in it when I check on the preflight, of course this is indicative of eventual actuator failure. The last time this happened with the right side, just like a real airplane, it failed at the most inconvenient time in the middle of a trip a long way from base. So I'm hoping to avoid that situation and fix it before it fails. However when I look in the maintenance hangar there is no way to fix it early, at least nothing obvious.

Am I missing something? Or do I just have to wait for it to fail?
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Re: Preventative Maintenance

Post by wblackret »

Do you see the word flap in red, under the affected wing.If so, click on it. If you are not getting that option, not sure what you need to do. Make sure you are not loading A2A plane in the default flight.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

wblackret wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 09:58 Do you see the word flap in red, under the affected wing.If so, click on it. If you are not getting that option, not sure what you need to do. Make sure you are not loading A2A plane in the default flight.
Right that's for after it has failed. That's not what I'm asking about. I'm talking about fixing it before it fails.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

I think it should show up in yellow when worn/damaged but before it fails, did it not?

-Esa

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I agree that we should be able to do preventative maintenance on our airplanes when we detect wear on critical components. If it was a real airplane, and you noticed that a control surface felt "different" during a routine preflight, would you say, "Oh, well, it's probably OK." and continue on your flight? Or would you investigate further, and look for worn components? Then, would you replace those components before they failed?

I really would like the ability to inspect/overhaul the flaps on my Comanche, Bonanza, and Cessna 182 before they fail. We can change oil, air filters, fuel filters, etc., in the Shift+7 hangar. How often do those actually fail? What fails most often? Seems like it's the flaps. Please A2A, let us do PM on our flaps when we first detect wear.

Thank you
ATB

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

AKar wrote: 25 Jul 2021, 11:07 I think it should show up in yellow when worn/damaged but before it fails, did it not?

-Esa
I can't remember actually. But it's not yellow right now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You can do an overhaul if you are worried about it but it will show as an issue before a failure in the hangar with the caveat that mech failures are in the sim and can happy anyway + if you are traveling a bit quick with flaps down it'll cause issues and could cause a failure before it goes to something you can fix.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”