Sound Disappears With P3D5 Cockpit View

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
fottip
Airman Basic

Sound Disappears With P3D5 Cockpit View

Post by fottip »

I'm seeing something strange in a brand new P3D5 Bonanza install today - I checked and there are no updates available.

In VC view, all sounds are normal. If I switch to "Cockpit" view, which removes the panel and shows an unobstructed forward view, all Bonanza sound stops. I have 3rd party EnvSound running, and I hear those sounds in "Cockpit" view, confirming it's not P3D or my speakers - just nothing from the Bonanza.

Engine's still running, confirmed with an outside view, but inside the cockpit in that view, no aircraft sounds. When I switch back to VC view or some outside view, Bonanza sound returns. I have not experienced this before the Bonanza, and it doesn't happen with any other aircraft I have.

Anyone else get this? Any suggestions on a fix?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Sound Disappears With P3D5 Cockpit View

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome fottip.

There's no 2D cockpit provided with Accu-Sim aircraft and the lack of sound is by design. The aircraft is designed to be flown from the 3D virtual cockpit.

However, we appreciate that home cockpit builders may wish to use the forward view without a panel being shown on screen, so in this case you can edit the panel.cfg file for the Bonanza (Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Beechcraft_35_Bonanza\panel) by finding this line:

//gauge01=A2A_Bonanza35!cockpitBuilder, 2,2,2,2 //For cockpit builders only.

And then uncommenting it so it reads:

gauge01=A2A_Bonanza35!cockpitBuilder, 2,2,2,2 //For cockpit builders only.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

fottip
Airman Basic

Re: Sound Disappears With P3D5 Cockpit View

Post by fottip »

Well, that worked. Thankyou very much.
Nick - A2A wrote: 07 May 2020, 15:11There's no 2D cockpit provided with Accu-Sim aircraft and the lack of sound is by design. The aircraft is designed to be flown from the 3D virtual cockpit.
I haven't heard of "Cockpit" (F10) view referred to as a "2D cockpit". In the days of FSX and prior, devs used to provide an actual "2D cockpit" which actually showed the cockpit panel, controls, etc, but it was a windowed 2D representation of the panel, as opposed to a 3D Virtual Cockpit panel. I always considered the F10 "Cockpit" view simply a forward view, sans the panel.

Due to the sensory limitations of our desktop sims, which limit peripheral vision and depth perception, I sometimes like to eliminate the panel to get an unobstructed view forward, both for simple sightseeing, and enhanced aircraft control for difficult situations. Thanks to your help, I now have it in the "Bo", and I appreciate the tip.
However, we appreciate that home cockpit builders may wish to use the forward view without a panel being shown on screen.....
I don't really have a home cockpit, per se', but I do fly in a "Playseat" with a Yoko+ yoke, Logitech Switch panel and Multipanel mounted on it, MFG Crosswind rudders, and three 4K monitors linked with P3D viewgroups. Works well enough for this old, retired certificated Private pilot. :wink:

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”