NON MIPMAOOED TEXTURES

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

NON MIPMAOOED TEXTURES

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hello Whilst updating the Bonanza A/C I got a message giving me the option of installing with non mipmapped textures, what should I do what are the pro's and cons

Any help much appreciated

Kind Regards
Charlie (McEwan)
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: NON MIPMAOOED TEXTURES

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Charlie,

The original mipmapped texture sheets allow the textures to be displayed in progressively lower resolution renditions depending on distance and graphics settings in the sim. This will generally provide a better balance between FPS and visuals, especially for those with less powerful graphics cards who prefer to use multisampling antialiasing (MSAA) modes.

The non-mipmapped textures force each texture sheet in the Bonanza to be displayed as its full resolution, which for many of them is 4096 x 4096 pixels. This can allow for crisper textures, but with a higher performance penalty. The reason for this is partly because supersampling antialiasing (SSAA) is needed to prevent shimmering, and this is more demanding on the GPU.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

Thanks for explanation, is it reversible if so how would I reverse the installation?.
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan
P3Dv4.5 / Win 10 64 BIT Intel (R) Core TMi7-8700K [email protected] nvidia geforce GTX1070Ti RAM16GB

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

Yes, it's reversible: you'd need to uninstall and reinstall the Bonanza, so I recommend you keep a copy of the orignal installer somewhere on your system.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

Hi Nick,

How do I get the original installer?, or is that part of the uninstall & reinstall process
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Charlie,

The original installer is just the one that you download from the store upon purchase. You can download multiple times, but it's always a good idea to save a copy locally so you don't have to do this.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MACHAVIA
Airman First Class

Post by MACHAVIA »

OK Thanks Nick for your help.

Stay Safe
Best Regards
Charlie McEwan

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”