Takeoff advice please

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
JerseySeven
Airman

Takeoff advice please

Post by JerseySeven »

I rotate around 77 to 82 knots and about 5 seconds after the aircraft leaves the ground it rotates quickly to the left so that I'm in a 40-45 degree left bank. I am carrying one passenger in front and have 85 pounds of luggage. Both fuel tanks are full at startup. Rudders and flight controls are calibrated and neutral. I even set neutral rudder and aileron trim before takeoff. Airspeed is above the stall point. I can't find any reason for this behavior unless it's just a feature of the V-tail.

I've managed to recover and continue the climb each time, but one of these days I'm not going to be so lucky and will take a dirt nap right at the airport :( .

Can anyone help?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Takeoff advice please

Post by Oracle427 »

Use more right rudder!
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

real
Airman First Class

Post by real »

Here, i use forward trim at about -0,6/-0,7, i rotate at about 85kts, just pull the yoke slowly and smoothly and the aircraft stays in the centerline. At the beginning i found it very hard but no more left drifting. I also use right rudder if necessary.

Sorry for my bad english

Real

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Make sure you're up to date also. Stall physics were changed in one of the updates which may make it better for you.
Last edited by AviationAtWar on 23 Nov 2018, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

JerseySeven
Airman

Post by JerseySeven »

Understand right rudder - but if flies straight down the runway with less rudder correction than either the comanche or cherokee. Those were sweet birds to fly. With the bonanza I feel like I am fighting the aircraft.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Have you applied the latest update as suggested?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

JerseySeven
Airman

Post by JerseySeven »

Quote: Have you applied the latest update as suggested?
Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes - two days ago - but there's more to tell (Prepar4D v4.3 BTW). I had uninstalled and re-installed because of some crazy forwards/backwards movement of the plane even when cold and dark (no pushback, no slew just acceleration for no reason - crash into buildings, fences - brakes would only cause the airframe to tip over). When I re-installed I applied the latest update. Helped with the autonomous movement but flight handling once airborne was still wonky.

So this evening when I fell into a ravine landing at KSAF where the runway should have been but was not (unfortunate - it was a great approach, right on the needles), I deleted all of the files in C:\Users\username\Documents\A2A\FSX\Bonanza35. My goodness!! Now she handles like a completely different plane :o . No CCW rotation on leaving the runway, and now I feel like I'm flying a plane, not wrestling an alligator!

So updating alone didn't help but deleting the log.dat files were also necessary apparently. Hope these accounts may help anyone else who's had funny behavior with the V-tail. Thanks Oracle427 and folks for reading and commenting.

J

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

One of the things about Accusim is that many sim pilots without thinking automatically expect one aircraft we produce to behave as the last one did concerning things like takeoff. Actually the opposite is true. Each plane we produce has its own explicit aerodynamic personality and no two planes behave exactly alike.

Takeoff is a good example of this. The Bonanza is an entirely different plane than the Comanche. Each wing is different unto itself. The weights are different as is the manner in which the mass is distributed along the lines of each airplane. Each will exhibit its own unique takeoff behavior. This doesn't mean that the forces that are in play on a takeoff are different. It DOES mean that the way each plane reacts to these forces will differ.

All this having been said, the best way to deal with your takeoff forces is to be extremely smooth on the controls at rotation. By all means expect right rudder but don't throw it in there arbitrarily. Let the airplane "tell you" what it wants and be smooth.........VERY smooth on the controls. A good general rule to remember about rotation is that generally speaking, the RATE at which you rotate the aircraft at liftoff will be directly proportional to the amount of forces you have to handle with control pressure against those forces. Be SMOOTH !!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps a bit.

Dudley Henriques

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”