new prop setting

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

new prop setting

Post by awash2002 »

I think I'm going to fly it at 2400 rpm for the cruise prop rpm and full throttle

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Re: new prop setting

Post by ClipperLuna »

At peak EGT, 25 ROP, or 50 ROP? I like 25 myself. I think that's what the real POH recommends.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I lean it to the fuel flow the Bonanza Performance site gives me for the altitude I'm at

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

awash2002 wrote:I lean it to the fuel flow the Bonanza Performance site gives me for the altitude I'm at
But if your fuel flow meter is inaccurate, as mine is, you'll run too rich or too lean, the latter of which seems to be particularly undesirable in the Bonanza. 25 ROP is what the book says, and that's good enough for me.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Of note is that the mixture settings just rich of peak EGT will result in hottest CHTs. This may not be at all desirable, depending. Leaning further to the edge of engine roughness will actually result in cooler CHTs, which may be a factor in one's engine management picture.

-Esa

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I did a test with it last night and I am getting exactly what the Bonanza Performance site is giving me I lean to with in .1 of the fuel flow of what it says on the site and I get exactly the same true airspeed as on the site I have also switched to the larger IO-550 engine. This is also a self induced experiment I'm doing between the stock IO-520 and the STC IO-550

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

ratty wrote:
awash2002 wrote:I lean it to the fuel flow the Bonanza Performance site gives me for the altitude I'm at
But if your fuel flow meter is inaccurate, as mine is, you'll run too rich or too lean, the latter of which seems to be particularly undesirable in the Bonanza. 25 ROP is what the book says, and that's good enough for me.
That’s exactly how I knew my fuel flow meter was off. I was leaning to 50F ROP and saw that my FF indication was considerably lower than what I should expect at the power setting. So I had my mechanic check the aircraft and sure enough it said that my FF gauge was reading high. I had hix it and now leaning via the power setting table is possible again. I guess that’s why you have to cross check stuff every once in a while.

Great stuff A2A. Those partially failing / inaccurate gauges brought a whole new level of immersion to the simulation.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”