impossible to taxi at night

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
jeanl2
Airman

impossible to taxi at night

Post by jeanl2 »

So i've been enjoying the Bonanza A LOT recently. It's fantastic! However, when i do night flying, i feel as though i'm blind, because for the love of god i CAN NOT taxi.

The taxi lights are on, yet it's like the bulb's burnt, because i can't see a single thing outside.

At least outside it looks kind of fine.

Both the taxi and landing lights are on here. At least i can see, but very little.

This makes night taxiing a bit of a pain.

Edit: fixed the first picture not showing
Last edited by jeanl2 on 01 Nov 2018, 14:42, edited 2 times in total.

jeanl2
Airman

Re: impossible to taxi at night

Post by jeanl2 »

first image is broken. Here it is: https://i.imgur.com/ZwoMxyc.jpg

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Hmmm did you turn on the dynamic lights? In the A2a folder there is a bonanza configuration tool. Use that to set the lights from default to dynamic
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

That looks very realistic. The lights on these small planes are just not that bright. In fact I would as far as to say, that it is way too bright and you can see too much in there.
Last edited by Oracle427 on 01 Nov 2018, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Is that fsx/early p3d or P3Dv4?

If P3Dv4 go into the menu settings and find lighting. Make sure dynamic lighting is checked.

Also may be worth checking if the lights are burnt out in maintance hangar.
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

It’s actually very realistic with the dimmer lights.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

jeanl2
Airman

Post by jeanl2 »

Oracle427 wrote:That looks very realistic. The lights on these small planes are just not that bright. In fact I would as far as to say, that it is way too bright and you can see too much in there.
Have you seen the first picture (https://i.imgur.com/ZwoMxyc.jpg)? From the inside of the plane, it looks like the light is off because you can't see a thing. The last picture shows both the landing and taxi lights on. I'm sure the taxi light can't be as useless as this.

jeanl2
Airman

Post by jeanl2 »

n421nj wrote:Hmmm did you turn on the dynamic lights? In the A2a folder there is a bonanza configuration tool. Use that to set the lights from default to dynamic
crippy wrote:Is that fsx/early p3d or P3Dv4?

If P3Dv4 go into the menu settings and find lighting. Make sure dynamic lighting is checked.

Also may be worth checking if the lights are burnt out in maintance hangar.
Dynamic lights are turned on in P3D V4. In the Bonanza configurator, i've only got the VC ambient lights and Beacon selected, as to save FPS

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

jeanl2 wrote:Have you seen the first picture (https://i.imgur.com/ZwoMxyc.jpg)? From the inside of the plane, it looks like the light is off because you can't see a thing. The last picture shows both the landing and taxi lights on. I'm sure the taxi light can't be as useless as this.
Watch this video I shot from a night IFR training flight and come back to me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCELIO_9Ts

Around :50 I taxi on the runway, but note how little can be seen outside.
At 8:15 I turn off the runway after landing and you can't see much then. Notice when I turn off the landing light at about 8:40-8:44, you can see the difference, barely.

Yes, the lights are very dim.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

jeanl2
Airman

Post by jeanl2 »

Oracle427 wrote:
jeanl2 wrote:Have you seen the first picture (https://i.imgur.com/ZwoMxyc.jpg)? From the inside of the plane, it looks like the light is off because you can't see a thing. The last picture shows both the landing and taxi lights on. I'm sure the taxi light can't be as useless as this.
Watch this video I shot from a night IFR training flight and come back to me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnCELIO_9Ts

Around :50 I taxi on the runway, but note how little can be seen outside.
At 8:15 I turn off the runway after landing and you can't see much then. Notice when I turn off the landing light at about 8:40-8:44, you can see the difference, barely.

Yes, the lights are very dim.
Nice video.

Wow, you're right, it is quite dim. I just thought this was strange, since i've flown the A2A C182 and Comanche before on FSX and the lights were nowhere near as bad.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Do you use any reshaders or PTA? If so, they can have an extreme effect on the lighting. If you use any, try to turn them off.

ilya1502
Staff Sergeant

Post by ilya1502 »

I think this is a feature of the A2A Bonanza, not a problem with the topic starter's setup. I have the same issue.

jeanl2
Airman

Post by jeanl2 »

I've gone flying and landed at dusk, and I have now realised that, yes, taxi lights are completely useless. They illuminate almost nothing, so I suppose I'll just taxi with the landing lights.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”