Yes, I wimped out

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
jimcarrel
Senior Airman

Yes, I wimped out

Post by jimcarrel »

I was sort of saving for a new ride for another sim, But, I kept reading this forum for the last couple of days. Last night about 12 PM, in a moment of wild abandonment, I jumped out of a comfortable bed and downloaded the old V35.
Sure glad I did. I had started to become a little "numb" to the large A2A hanger I have that is chock full of planes and haven't kept up a healthy regimen of flying.
This new baby (the V) is a whole new adventure.

I was a little apprehensive to leave parking spot for a bit, but soon hit the strip. Take off was not bad (just had to coax her a bit) and after take off, the first test of a slight maneuver gave a noticeable "eye opening" for a second. Very quickly comprehended the difference between the V and conventional tail configuration. I spent about 30 minutes running around the area of Wiley Post Municipal, all the while getting comfortable with "gauge scan" pattern.

Decided to try a landing run at Wiley. Near the end of the downwind run, reduced throttle a bit while watching cylinder temp gauge. I pushed prop torque up a bit to help with speed control and elevation drop. (I also closed cowl flaps a bit to stifle any cylinder cooling and used some up trim) After speed slowed to what I wanted, I maneuvered to base leg, reducing speed a bit more.

On final the distance to landing allowed me to set the plane on about a 4 deg. slope using a combination of trim throttle and a wee bit more prop torque.
I started wondering about any idiosyncrasies that might pop up. I came right in after adjusting to a 3 deg. slope. Stable as a rock.

I found this bird to be able to fascinate me again. I didn't try anything wild with it.... that is yet to come. All in all - what a wonderful surprise. I look forward to a long relationship with my new "office".

**Just to note that I did drop the gear!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Yes, I wimped out

Post by Scott - A2A »

Thanks Jim, and we're glad you chose our Bonanza.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Yes, I wimped out

Post by Caldemeyn »

You won't be dissapointed :)

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”