L-049 Yoke will not work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
adthomas
Airman Basic

L-049 Yoke will not work

Post by adthomas »

Just set up my new L-049 in FSX SE. Set up my Thrustmaster T.16000 HOTAS in the Configurator and it all tests OK. However, the yoke does not work. Everything else does, including the pedals when I twist the joystick but the yoke will not move. What am I missing?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: L-049 Yoke will not work

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Does is move a little? Do you have engines running? The L049 uses a hydraulic booster system, but as I recall it, the flight controls don’t move much without hydraulic pressure
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Read the manual fully , this and other A2A aircraft need to be handled correctly , and as Tomas said , the Engines need too be on to supply hydraulics before FULL movement of controls , but if ALL 3 control hydraulic locks are remove prior eng start then you have limited control movement on ALL 3 controls , the control locks have two purposes , on ground in cold dark with control locks on , the controls are locked in centre positon to stop wind daamage , but with engine running and locks on , the hydraulic locks become control boosters , in the event you have an inflight hydraulic failure , then the autopilot and ALL 3 control locks need to be turnd off to regain aircraft control but with limited ail/rud/elevator movment , so forward planning required to get down saftly .
I did a series of videos on setting up and emrgency controls with simulated hydraulic failure on the Conni on Twitch under my name somewhere in the A2A conni forum you should find the links , hope they help you.
regards Alan. 8)

adthomas
Airman Basic

Post by adthomas »

I do have the engines running. Everything works but the yoke. I have read the manual, I make sure the power assist levers are all on, I am not sure what the control locks are or where they are. I changed controllers to my old Thrustmaster HOTAS X, same result. What am I missing?

adthomas
Airman Basic

Post by adthomas »

Did a clean reinstall and did not use the configurator. Let the systems and presurs come up after start, everything works. Thsnks for the help.

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”